Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Have a message that says A component of the operating system has expired.  With error code 0xc0000605  and is asking for recovery tools, which I dont have where can I get them????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

>  A component of the operating system has expired.  With error code 0xc0000605  ...

A did a Google-search on that code. 

One posting suggested that the date/time in the computer's "BIOS SETUP" was wrong, and needed to be corrected.

Reboot, and enter "BIOS SETUP", and check.

Another posting suggested that your computer is running a "Windows 10 Preview" version, rather than the "official" release.  Is that correct?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

>  A component of the operating system has expired.  With error code 0xc0000605  ...

A did a Google-search on that code. 

One posting suggested that the date/time in the computer's "BIOS SETUP" was wrong, and needed to be corrected.

Reboot, and enter "BIOS SETUP", and check.

Another posting suggested that your computer is running a "Windows 10 Preview" version, rather than the "official" release.  Is that correct?

HP Recommended

I can't tell what system is running because I can't get into anything but that screen that shows error message.  

HP Recommended

The "Recovery Tools" are included in this download of Windows 10:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Run this on some other computer, and create a bootable DVD disk.

Boot your computer from this DVD, and select "repair".

HP Recommended

screen still says the same thing, won't let me reboot or repair  I can't even get into system recovery at all

HP Recommended

> screen still says the same thing, won't let me reboot or repair  I can't even get into system recovery at all.

My, my, you're quick -- downloaded 3GB, and burn a DVD, in just a few hours.

Anyway, are you sure that your computer booted from the DVD, or did it boot from the disk-drive?

Turn the computer off.

Turn the computer on, and repeatedly press the ESC key.

Then, choose to boot from the DVD.

HP Recommended

it doesn't give you a choose to reboot from dvd,  is it boot menu F9  or network Boot F12, I can't find it in any of them

HP Recommended

Enter BIOS SETUP mode, and see if the motherboard detects the DVD drive, as "SATA 1", or something like that.

Is the drive's electronics "dead" -- not responding?

Have either the "data" or the "power" connectors to the DVD (or to the motherboard) come loose?

If you insert a labelled DVD, and close the tray, wait a bit, and open the tray, is the label still at the same position, i.e., the drive has not "spun" the disk at all.

Since it is a "desktop", can you remove the DVD drive, and temporarily connect it to some other computer, to see if it is recognized by that system's motherboard, and that it can successfully read from some media?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.