Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I know a little about using a computer , but not much.  I would like to be able to write a simple letter and then print it out.  I would like to be able to do this without having to purchase the Microsoft Office 2010 program.  Is this possible?

I

I  would also like to know the theory behind using the "desktop" or in other words, how to use the desktop.  I just started using the HP Support Assistant  and it seems like maybe this has the answers to my questions.  I've always thought that I needed more detailed instructions on using the computer.   

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are many free programs which allow you to write a simple letter (or even a novel :smileyhappy:). For Windows itself, a builtin program called Wordpad should do this nicely. Please

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Wordpad

If you wish to try another program we can introduce later.

Have a good weekend.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended
please help me find where to write a letter and also to print the letter - thank you for the help.
HP Recommended

Hello Kent4815,

You need a program to write a document.

The word pad program that banhien suggested works pretty well.

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > word pad

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Let me know how everything goes.

Have a good day.

HP Recommended

Dear Penny,

This letter is being written as a Christmas present, but it actually  pertains to many decades of Christmases and all of the other days of the years in which my life has been enriched by you.

I don't know where to begin sorting through 55 years of memories (or 56 if we count the year in which we were courting without knowing it!) or subtracting the holes left by my stroke.  

Looking back is rather like watching a sequence of old movies flashing by, with you starring in most of the scenes, or at least watching over me and the kids.  You certainly did the lion's share of raising the kids, and I congratuate you on the results!

The memories of life with Penny flood over me with warmth and sweetness, but I just want to try to convey to you how much I have loved you for 55 years and will continue to love you for whatever time we have left.  I also want to thank you for 55 years of putting up with me!

I''m giving you this letter instead of a gift partly because it doesn't seem quite rjght to ask you for money to buy you a gift and partly because I'm no good at choosing gifts.  

But I'm very good at loving you, day after year after decade!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.