Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN-870023NF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, I am interested in buying the OMEN-870023NF desktop but would like some clarification regarding the version of windows 10 that has been preinstalled. I am a native english speaker living in France. The PC in question will certainly have a French version of Win10. I need to know if HP installs single-language versions of Win10, or if i be able to change the OS language from French to English.

Many thanks

Evan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

again, this does not answer the question. Your infantile behaviour in insisting on having the last word, despite not being able to answer the question at hand, has made up my mind for me: i will now be buying another brand of PC. Good job kid!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Already asked and answered.

See: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/windows-language/m-p/5947145#M13...

for a recommendation on how to change the default language.

HP Recommended

Ok, not the question I asked and not already answered, although thanks for the response. The info you have provided I alredy know. However I have also been informed that manufacturers often install a single-language version of Win 10. I have also read numerous times that this version cannot be changed.  I want to know what language is installed by HP, Please read the question before responding. If you dont know the answer, do not respond as if you do. Many thanks

HP Recommended

correction, i would like to know what version is installed by HP. single language or no.

HP Recommended

Bad manners -- "shooting the messenger", instead of actually trying what was suggested, is inappropriate and rude.

Windows 10 has the ability to change languages for each individual user account on the system.

Just because the "pre-selected" language is English, it does not mean that "Add Language" will not work.

Check your "sources", to see what they mean by "single language".

Then, read this official post from Microsoft: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/b8/2012/02/21/using-the-language-you-want/

For Windows 8, we have reimagined the display language experience, focusing on making additional display languages available to all Windows users, making them super easy to find and install, and allowing users to switch between them.

Presumably, what applies for Windows 8 is carried-forward into Windows 10.

HP Recommended

Not bad manners at all, and read your first reply to me; A PHD student should be able to read the question.  I simply wish to know which version of Win 10 HP installs. Please allow someone else to respond if you do not know. Thankyou.

HP Recommended

Dear Bad Manners,

Read: https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/b8/2012/02/21/using-the-language-you-want/

for an "official" answer from Microsoft.

HP Recommended

wow, really? Your link was for win 8, and although my link is a little outdated, an intelligent person should be able to see where any confusion may lie. Stop thinking you have all the answers and answer this specific question- 'what version of win 10 does HP install on Omen desktops for the French market'. If you do not know the answer to that question, thankyou for your time in responding to my question, but please let someone who knows the answer to this specific question respond. There are multiple examples of the information, or disinformation below online so please adress the actual question.

many thanks

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/change-default-language-for-windo...

HP Recommended

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

HP Recommended

> Your link was for win 8, and although my link is a little outdated, an intelligent person should be able to see where any confusion may lie.

An intelligent person should have noted my comment after the quote from that web-page, namely that a policy established by Microsoft for Windows 8 would not likely to be rescinded for future releases, namely Windows 10, of their software.

What the web-page also implies is that Windows 7 was the _final_ release of the "single-language" version of the Windows Operating System.

There might be some ambiguity whether the heavily price-discounted release of Windows 10 for use in China would be a "single-language" version, to avoid having an "entrepreneur" purchase, in China, hundreds of copies of Windows 10, and then proceed to market them outside of China, at a lower price than if a USA-based buyer were to purchase a "standard-priced" license for Windows 10 through a domestic retail outlet.  But, that's not relevant to your original question.

As for your reference:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/change-default-language-for-windo...

it seems like all the questioners currently have the Chinese-only version of Windows, which I presume that they purchased at the Chinese-only discounted price, and now want to circumvent that restriction, without paying the "standard" price for the "full" version of Windows.  They want their cake, and they want to eat it, too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.