HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-02-2012 07:17 AM - edited 05-02-2012 07:20 AM
You might give HP Support a call and see if they have an updated driver available. If they do and it works then please post the link.
The below procedure will help you find a driver based on hardware IDs.
- Open Device Manager (Control Panel-->System-->Hardware-->Device Manager)
- The hardware whose drivers are missing will appear as Unknown device, so it's easier to locate the device.
- Right click on the unknown device and click on Properties.
- Under the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id from the drop down box.
- You should see a code similar to this: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DC&SUBSYS_30868086&REV_01\4&1E4
- In the example text above the Vendor ID is in red and Device ID is in green will always be in the same place for the driver Vendor ID = 8086 and Device ID = 27DC Your numbers will be different.
- Then go to www.PCIdatabase.com
- This may not work for all devices.
05-02-2012 07:42 AM
"The below procedure will help you find a driver based on hardware IDs."
Thanks, but there are no unknown devices.
Immediately after I installed the NEC driver, there was an entry in my Start Menu and Program List forit After re-boot, it's gone. All symptoms seem to point to a dead card.
05-10-2012 01:47 PM
Well, the conclusion that my PCIe card is dead seems to be wrong. I got an identical replacement card and it has the same symptoms. Neither port works and the Device manager seems to be saying that there is no driver installed.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.
I have installed it (successfully, apparently,) uninstalled it, and repeated the process with the supplied driver as well as an apparently identical driver from the HP website. No joy.
05-10-2012 03:09 PM
By the way, despite the Device manager saying there is no driver installed, there is a Utility by NEC in the program list. When opened, it says
So the driver is installed but it isn't being recognized.