HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
05-23-2012 07:13 PM
The scanner of my all-in-one Brother printer stopped working. Apparently something happened with the OS WIA. It stopped and when I try to restart it, I get an error. Do I need to reinstall the OS or is there another solution?
07-26-2012 08:50 AM
If we know it's the WIA and it's a problem with the dependency service that is not starting. Let's check the settings and then restart the service.
- In the Start Search type in: services
- Click on the services which is present at the top of the program list.
- Scroll down to Windows Image Acquisation (WIA).
- Double click on it and click the Dependencies tab
- Make sure, all services Windows Image Acquisition depends on, are running
- Switch to "Recovery" tab, and change all 3 drop-down boxes to "Restart The Service".
- Make sure the 2 Reset boxes underneath say "1" in them.
- Click Ok.
If I have helped you in any way click the Kudos button to say Thanks.
The community works together, click Accept as Solution on the post that solves your issue for other members of the community to benefit from the solution.
- Friendship is magical.