HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
01-04-2009 08:53 AM
I am using a HP Pavillion Elite with Vista Premium. I have installed all of the updates and that is the problem.
I have installed update KB954430 five different times and still when I go to shut down the computer Windows wants to install it again. I have downloaded and installed it manually from the Windows Update also. I have checked the history and it is listed five times as successfuly installed.
I don't think that I should have to install it again. Is there any suggestions?
01-04-2009 08:58 AM
- Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.
Note: On a Windows Vista-based computer, click Start, type services.msc in the Start Search box, right-click services.msc, and then click Run as administrator.
- In the Services (Local) pane, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Stop.
- Minimize the Services (local) window.
- Select all the contents of the Windows distribution folder, and then delete them.
Note: By default, the Windows distribution folder is located in the C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder.
- Make sure that the Windows distribution folder is empty, and then maximize the Services (local) window.
- In the Services (Local) pane, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Start.
- Restart the computer, and then run Windows Update again.
Following Method 10 from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
01-17-2009 09:04 AM
I tried this link but, to no avail.
Windows Update says that the update (KB954430) still says it needs to be downloaded while my history states that it installed successfully five different times on three different days.
01-17-2009 09:10 AM - edited 01-17-2009 09:11 AM
Microsoft offers free help for this issue, details about it can be viewed here.
11-27-2009 10:08 PM
Some of the windows update components may have not worked. Try the fix it below to reset the windows update components.
+Hp Everything is Possible.