03-22-2010 03:59 AM
I recently changed from Xp to Windows 7 and now my sound does not work at all.
I get a message in the sound icon that: No audio output devise is installed.
In my device manager no sund is either installed so I cant update the driver for that sound, I have tried to install the realtek drivers both for windows vista and windoes 7 with no luck.
Is it possible to get the sound to work on dc5700 microtower with Windows 7 or shall i just leave this error and get a new computer?
Best regard Jocke
03-22-2010 05:13 AM
I got this to work finaly, after about two weeks i found my solution to this problem:
This is what I did:
Restart your computer, enter BIOS [F10] --> advenced --> device options --> Integrated audio devide --> change from disable to enable.
My computer is dc5700 microtowe changed from xp to windows 7.
Hope this helps.
Best regards elpedro
05-16-2012 05:45 AM
I tried this and it worked. Use the Xp drivers to update the windows 7 software.
Follow these steps:
1. go to device manger
2. Right click on high definition auidio
3. select update driver software
4. select browse my computer (option 2)
5. Browse for the folder that contains the xp audio drivers for dc 5700
6. click next
10-05-2014 04:44 PM
My problem: No audio on my dc5700 sff after a CLEAN FRESH NEW install of Windows 7 64-bit over XP.
A streak of light, no audio throught the internal speaker ( and an X showed over the little speaker @ lower right hand) but Headsets worked though.
1. checked in the BIOS that "internal audio" is enabled... f10, advance, device, internal audio = "enabled".
2. downloaded & installed vista's 64-bit audio driver : Realtek High-Definition Audio Driver for Microsoft Windows Vista (International) 188.8.131.5245 REV. A 29 Mar 2010
It solved it for me!