Question

Student
saians
Message 1 of 2 (1,389 Views)

Echo sound in headphone but normal sound in speakers

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I have HP 60 laptop. From last few days I am facing problem with sound output. When I play sound on speakers it goes fine but when I plug in headphone, sound becomes bit echoic.I can only hear system sounds not voice chats. But when I pull headphone a bit (not fully plugged in i.e. 75%) sound becomes good as normal in headphone.I dont know whether it is port problem or driver's. Conexant High Definition SmartAudio221 and High Definition Audio Device are appearing in device manager.I have reninstalled them as well.I am using windows 7 professional.

Student
free1
Message 2 of 2 (780 Views)

Re: Echo sound in headphone but normal sound in speakers

Exactly the same problem here with my HP 655 laptop. Echoing sound in earphone output and you can eliminate it by dragging the plug ou a bit.

(Only that the speaker sound starts being audible at the same time when dragging the earphone plug out)

Speaker sound is ok. without echo and missing main track

Appeared suddenly. Could this be a codec issue? (I downloaded some codecs for watching different types of movies) or is it simply that the earphone plug hole is gone bad?

Actyually the problem did not go away even when I tried to uninstall the codecs.

Any solutions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation