Re: Found the solution to all HP Creative Sound Blaster sound card problems (1828 Views)
Top Student
acmk0001
Message 1 of 6 (2,686 Views)

Found the solution to all HP Creative Sound Blaster sound card problems

I called repeatedly to hp for having sound garbeled issues. 6 times.... I will spare you all the details of how many times HP had me restart the computer and reinstall sound drivers. 6 calls.... Each time about 50 minutes on the phone. Here was my solution.

A sledge hammer works wonders on sound card issues. Sure a new card is going to cost me 80 - 100 dollars but I just dont care anymore. I would love to cuss up a storm right now but I know my post would be deleted.

I called one last time to find the mailing address of hp in order to mail them the pieces but the rep said she would have to have a supervisor call me back with the address. I found the corporate address online:

Hewlett-Packard Company

3000 Hanover Street

Palp Alto, CA 94304-1185

I am going to mail the left overs to them tomarrow- signature required and delivery confirmation of course. Ill be sure and include my info and a short letter so they know who I am.

According to the rep I still have 85 days left on my warrentee. lolz.

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 6 (2,624 Views)

Re: Found the solution to all HP Creative Sound Blaster sound card problems

That is a bit hardcore, but does work well. The newer generation sound cards from Creative are better than the old ones were, :smileywink:

regards,

erico 

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Dean
old_geekster
Message 3 of 6 (2,612 Views)

Very hard core!  I have to admit, the one component that is not in my computer is a sound card.  Over the years, I have had more problems with sound card drivers than any other component.  The onboard sound is good enough for me and I am a musician.  My next speakers will be Bose Companion 5.  They connect through the USB 2.0 ports.

HP Split 13 x2
- 1.6 Ghz; 4 GB memory; SSD 128 GB; Win 8.0

HP Phoenix ENVY 810-135qe
- i7-4770K (liquid cooled); 8 GB memory; GT 640 (4 GB), SSD (Samsung EVO 840-500 GB); 600W PSU; Win 7

HP Photosmart 7520 AIO

++++++++++++++++++
**Click the Thumbs Up on the left to say 'Thanks'**

Intelligence is God given; Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!

Message 4 of 6 (2,602 Views)

Yep.

old_geekster wrote:
Very hard core!  I have to admit, the one component that is not in my computer is a sound card.  Over the years, I have had more problems with sound card drivers than any other component.  The onboard sound is good enough for me and I am a musician.  My next speakers will be Bose Companion 5.  They connect through the USB 2.0 ports.

Most decent PCIe -x16 cards have HDAudio sound onboard, therefore there is no need for a sound card. An example of that is all of the Radeon HD3000 series and higher graphics cards. I use a Radeon HD 3850. It is cheap, but it works. I still use the onboard sound from my motherboard.

regards,

erico 

****If you found that my suggestion was helpful, you can say thanks by clicking on the purple thumbs up icon in the lower left corner of a post ***

****Please click on the Accept As Solution button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having****
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Intern
rdopso
Message 5 of 6 (1,828 Views)

LOLed so hard I spit Diet Coke all over my monitor screen.  We have all wanted to do that to a computer or computer part at one time or another.  I bet that really felt good.  I should take the SB ExtremeMusic card out of my old Dell XPS 600 and do the same thing with it.  Maybe we could have some sort of contest to see who can make the most artistic piece with a hammer and a SB card.

Seriously, I have read in multiple forum posts that the higer priced ($180-$230) Asus sound cards eliminate a lot of sound issues under Win 7 x64.  Me, I just ordered a new HP Pavilion Elite HPE-180t and prayed a lot.

HP Pavilion Elite HPE-180t; 2.8 Ghz quad-core Intel i7 CPU; Intel x58 chip-set; Win 7 64-bit Ultimate OS; 12 G of RAM;
1.8G NVIDIA GeForce GTX-260 graphics card; HP w2338h HD wide-screen LCD monitor
Intern
buttoni
Message 6 of 6 (1,656 Views)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL  I'd like to see the Cover Letter you sent along with it!  LOLOLOLOLOLOL

System Specs: HP Pavillion p6270z desktop, hp2509 display,chipset AMDRS780/RS880, 8 GB DD3Ram, Win7x64 Home Prem Build 7600, FX 4.0, Realtek HD audio PCIe, NVIDIA GeForce 210 graphics; Comodo FW 5.3(D+ & Sandbox enabled); MSSE; MBAM on demand
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation