Question

Honor Student
UplinkAgent
Message 1 of 2 (1,701 Views)

H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX BIOS Update

This subject, or one very much like it was asked. Unfortunately I cannot find the page, but the answer was less than satisfactory. Specifically one of the answers consisted of How Dare You Come Here Asking How To Hack A HP Computer. Not Gonna Happen!

Excuse me?

I am here to find out how to unlock the BIOS of MY COMPUTER that I bought from HP! I didn't know the computer was BIOS locked when I bought it (otherwise I wouldn't have purchased it). I went to upgrade it, saw that it had an AM3 socket, and bought a AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE to put in. Some nice Cosair XMS3@1333 to round things out, and was even thinking of swaping out the 1TB drive for a SSD to really add some speed and eliminate the HD bottleneck. As it turns out, the motherboard itself is the problem. I've never encountered an "Unsupported CPU" error before, or even a BIOS that was locked down. It defeats the purpose of upgrading a computer, which in itself is something of a foreign concept.

I am here to find out how to unlock the BIOS of myH-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX based HP Pavilion p6636f or to find out why it can't be done and what alternatives exist, if any. As the machine is surely out of warranty by the many upgrades applied, I am willing to consider alternatives that for all intents and purposes make the machine something that HP will never consider servicing again. It was probably a referb to begin with, but I thought it had potential.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answers anyone? I'm all eyes and ears.

BTW, HP, if you're reading this: the weird memory sizes you're currently installing in your machines makes it look like your too cheap to put in a full complement of memory, and blantantly cutting corners and ripping offf the consumer.

Top Student
DoubleDubAZ
Message 2 of 2 (1,252 Views)

Re: H-ALVORIX_HF-RS880-uATX BIOS Update

I'm in total agreement with your feelings on this issue and your statement to HP. The P7-1003w is my first HP purchase and MOST DEFINATELY will be the last HP I ever purchase.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation