Question

Top Student
cheekystar
Message 1 of 8 (60,208 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP PC HDMI ---> Sony Bravia HDMI = No Display! please help!

Hello,

I'm usually knowledgeable about the connections for digital devices but i am completely baffled with this situation and would REALLY appreciate your respond asap, Thanks in advance!

Problems - the following instruction of what i did:

I bought HDMI - HDMI cable for connecting my HP PC model A6355 Phenom 9500 Quad Core (which have an HDMI port) to Sony Bravia LCD HDTV (which obviously also have HDMI Port!) :smileyhappy:

I switched both TV and PC off then connect the HDMI cable on both end to each device

Switch on the PC and TV

I have checked every singal AV and PC channel on TV - No connection regonised

I checked my display setting and set it to lower resolution and trying to duplicate the monitor (still doesn't work)

Don't have FN key on my keyboard

I took the cable off from PC and connect it to my HP Laptop and it worked perfectly fine!! (this is the part where it baffled me the most!) one thing i notice is when i connect the cable from laptop to tv - the display setting automatically comes up and ready for me to set the setting to suitable resolution - it didn't do that on my PC Desktop...

why?

My HP PC is 32bit Operating system 

Nivida GeForce 8500 GT

I also checked the Device manager to see if my HDMI port is working on my PC but there is no option of selecting HDMI (unless it have another name for it ie usb bus etc??)

PLEASE HELP! thanks again

Top Student
cheekystar
Message 2 of 8 (60,198 Views)

Re: HP PC HDMI ---> Sony Bravia HDMI = No Display! please help!

Hey there,

Just want to say i have now solved the problem...

Apparently my Nivida GeForce driver is not updated, ensure you update yours regularly and you'll have no problem!...

Smiling and a huge grin on my face seeing it worked now!...

Thanks even though no one replied, this seems to content my brain in order for it to function properly!

Thanks again

Honor Student
sbrettg
Message 3 of 8 (57,146 Views)

I have a Sony Bravia TV, a Sony BD-DVD Home Theater System, and an HP Model: dv6-1375dx laptop.  Laptop is conected to TV via HDMI.  Surround works great when watching cable TV and when watching Blue Rays but does not work when using TV as projector for computer.  When using TV as projector, audio switches from surround to TV speakers - DMPort mode is only one that picks up sound but it automatically switches speakers to tv.  TV otherwise works great with computer.  Anyway I can get computeri in surround?  Any help appreciated.

Honor Student
nickmick
Message 4 of 8 (56,719 Views)

Not sure how to post a new message so I ask this question to all:

I have connected my PC to Sony Bravia TV using HDMI cable - Audio - Video is perfect on TV - but display on PC monitor is enlarged and can't see task-bar and icons - also no sound from PC.  Pls help.

Student
nirav82
Message 5 of 8 (34,507 Views)

Hey there. Seems like I am having the same problem. I have hp m8330f desktop with Geforce 8500 GT card which I am connecting to Sony Bravia using HDMI cable. I have updated the cards driver to the latest version but the problem still occurs.

Here where my issue varies slighty when the HDMI wire is connected to both computer and TV. I try to boot and I only get the blue HP logo screen and then it goes blank. But if I remove the HDMI from the computer and then start it the computer it boots up. I see the hard drive activity lights blinking away. Plug the wire in and there is Windows all booted up. If I try to restart same issue occurs. So seems like I am only able to boot if I remove the HDMI cable and then plug it back after a few seconds. This can get really annoying quite quickly.

So any suggestion on how to solve this issue. I already to update the drivers. Any other suggestions?

Student
Patrick_USArmy
Message 6 of 8 (34,166 Views)

I am having this same problem. If I leave the DVI to HDMI cable in on my PC, it basically locks up after the BIOS test. If I remove it, and let the system boot up (no connection to the TV) and then connect the cable after it is connected, it works fine.

I'm not sure if there is a signal coming from the Sony Bravia that is shorting, or disabling the PC, therefore preventing it to boot up.

I just flashed the Bravia to the updated firmware, and no change. Please let me know if you figure it out. I'm still researching. Thanks!

Patrick

Student
taykbaker
Message 7 of 8 (30,918 Views)

I have the same tv (Bravia Sony) and the HDMI option does not appear when the cable is hooked up to the tv. Trying to hook up Blue Ray player!! I do not understand. Any suggestions?

You seem to be very knowledgeable after reading your post.

THANK YOU!!!

Student
jparker47
Message 8 of 8 (24,318 Views)

Just a heads up on this type of connection: The operating Instructions that came with my Sony Bravia KDL-40V2500 (under HDMI in),  states that you should not connect a PC to the TV's HDMI input and to use the RGB in when connecting a PC.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation