HP Support Forums
Join in the conversation.
12-23-2008 09:38 AM
12-27-2008 01:03 AM
What video cable are you using for the monitor? Is it hdmi (black), vga (blue) or dvi (white)?
1) Make sure the green audio cable in plugged in properly in the back of the lcd and the back of the pc in the green color coated port for the front audio.
Aternatively you can try plugging the able in the front green audio out port if the one in the back isn't working.
2) Check under the Sound Playback Devices by right clicking on the white speakers icon on the bottom right of the screen and choose Playback Devices.
Make sure that is Speakers and that is says working.
Also, Speakers should have agreen checkmark meaning it's the default playback device.
If it does then leave it as is, if not right click on it and choose Set As Default Playback Device.
3) Also check to make sure the volume is not muted from the keyboard or windows.
4) You can try to reinstall the original sound driver for the computer from hp.com and then restart the pc and go through steps 2-3 above again.
5) Try this link and see if there's something I missed.
01-01-2009 10:07 AM