Hp Pavilion Lost sound (2120 Views)
Student
hooberdoober
Message 1 of 2 (2,120 Views)

Hp Pavilion Lost sound

I have a HP running Vista (64 bit)  I had sound and then I just stoped working.

I driver seems to be ok and I have tried 3 pair of speakers.  All work on other items.

I did a system restore and checked all the mutes and volumes.  I am out of idea's

I have about 5 hrs in to it and am ready to be done.

Teacher
anon
Message 2 of 2 (2,101 Views)

Re: Hp Pavilion Lost sound

So the sound just stopped working, what were you doing at the time? I'm not saying you deliberately did anything, but making sure. Does the system recognise the speakers (ie. in the system tray is there a speaker icon or does it have a red cross on it and say 'no speakers connected. If it refuses to recognise the speakers, there's a thread called 'brand new HP m8517c Vista 64 no sound.' Try looking on this thread for information. Brand new HP m8517c Vista64 with no sound!!! [ 1 2 3 ] You've checked the driver and so forth. Have you tried it with all the audio outputs, both front and back panel? Also, Check for yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager, if there are report back. Also try this. Run (type in start search box) 'services.msc' without the quotes. Browse down to the service called 'windows audio' and restart it. See if this works.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation