Question

Student
Shalamar_Drake
Message 1 of 2 (2,015 Views)

NO AUDIO - HP w1707 LDC 17" Monitor... Help please?

I recently bought a HP w1707 LCD 17" monitor second hand. Didn't realize until I got home that it had speakers installed in it. I unplugged my desktop speakers and plugged in the sound wire to the green jack in the rear of my tower. No sound. Plugged it into the front jack. No sound. Went in and adjusted the settings from desktop speakers to monitor speakers. No sound. I swapped out the sound wires (black wire with green plug/jacks on ens). No Sound. Checked the sound settings on the monitor, my computer, and even went to trouble shooting. I did what the trouble shooting said, and I also wound up downloading three things from the HP website to use my monitor. Still no sound. My other speakers work fine. My mic and headphones jack work fine. Desktop speakers work fine whether they're plugged into the rear jack or the front jack. This leads me to conclude that there's something wrong with my monitor. 

Can someone tell me what is wrong or what i didn't do? I don't mind using my desktop speakers, but all and all I would like to know at least what's wrong with my monitor.

Sincerely conflused,

-Shal-

~~Abnormality is my Normalcy~~
Distinguished Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 2 of 2 (1,971 Views)

Re: NO AUDIO - HP w1707 LDC 17" Monitor... Help please?

Hmmmm, if you connected the a cable that had a (green) mini-stereo connector on both ends - one into the PC audio out (green) and one in the monitor's audio-in, then it should work.

Other things to look at would be to make sure "Speakers" is set as the default audio output device in Windows Sound Properties (from Control Panel).

Also... make sure the volume is up from the monitor OSD menu (I know you said you were in there, but just making sure you actually see the volume bar go from left to right) .

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation