Re: NO SOUND AFTER INSTALLING VIDEO CARD (22858 Views)
Student
Shadowdrag
Message 1 of 29 (29,264 Views)

NO SOUND AFTER INSTALLING VIDEO CARD

i just recently install a new video card (ati radeon hd 4670) and now there is no sound the computer dianostics says the speakers are working, the lines are right and when i check the speakers its saying they r working. the headphone and mic  are not working either. when i take out the new grafics card, the sound comes back again plz help!  my computer- pavilion m8000n :smileysad:
Associate Professor
c0rnel
Message 2 of 29 (29,248 Views)

Re: NO SOUND AFTER INSTALLING VIDEO CARD

Try uninstalling the sound driver fro Device Manager and reboot the pc then go to hp.com and download the sound vista driver for ur pc and install it then reboot.

You may also wanna check the BIOS to make sure onboard audio is enabled.

Student
Lesp6c4
Message 3 of 29 (29,189 Views)

I had same problem, also with Hp and it was the BIOS setting.  It was set to "Auto".  I changed to "On-Board", saved the bios change and works fine now.

Thanks for the pointer.

Honor Student
VJohn153
Message 4 of 29 (24,194 Views)

Have HP computer put in new video card but no sound. HDMI ability but now have no sound. Monitor does not have HDMI capability. Cannot find BIOS settings in computer. I have windows 7. No update drivers that I can get so can't delete the driver.

Have looked on control panel to find something with BIOS settings but cannot locate. Computer says no speakers or headphones plugged in when they are. Can someone please help me? Thanks

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 5 of 29 (24,166 Views)

Hi:

Please provide the specific model # of your PC and the operating system you are running. Guaranteed your new video card disabled your onboard sound.

Older model PC's and most HP business desktop PC's do not have an audio setting in the BIOS to change.

Until we know your model number we can't determine a course of action for you to take.

Paul

Honor Student
WebbieWorks
Message 6 of 29 (23,560 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am running a HP Pavilion DV9700

Product  #  KN876VA#ABA

Running Windows 7

I cannot find where to check the Sound Option in the BIOS.. When the laptop starts up, I am pressing F10, it goes to the BIOS screen but I cant find where to check the sound settings.

I changed over my hard drive and since then my sound hasnt worked it is saying "No Audio Devices Installed" I installed the Realtech AC97 but it still is not working. In the Device Manager it is showing it is working properly (no yellow signs or anything), but I cannot get the sound to work, so I am thinking the BIOS has something to do with it, I just cant find anything to do with sound.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Student
TexasBuyer
Message 7 of 29 (22,858 Views)

I have same problem after replacing the video card--lost sound---Device Manager shows no sound hardware now.

HP Pavillion a1210n

Running XP

Installed GeForce 210 (ASUS  En210 Silent OdB Cooling) 

Video came back with new card but something changed to knock out the sound and make it appear as though there

is longer any sound hardware.  Thanks.

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 8 of 29 (22,855 Views)

Hi:

If your video card has an HDMI out port, your video card's onboard audio chip disabled the PC's onboard audio in favor of the HDMI.

The fix is easy if you have an onboard audio setting in your BIOS. Go into your system setup (BIOS) menu by tapping the F10 key at the HP splash screen.

There should be a device configuration menu. Find the onboard audio menu. It is probably set to Auto. Change the setting from Auto to Enabled. Hit the F10 key there to save the setting and when you exit the BIOS, save your settings and exit.

Restart the PC and you should have onboard sound again.

Paul

Grad Student
Grad Student
AOG
Message 9 of 29 (22,850 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Setting onboard video in bios to something different than Auto, it might solve the problem,  but issue another problem, you might not be able to get the High Def Audio 5.1 from your HDMI output which support for most games

I believe you miss this driver which does not come together with video card 

In my HP p6230f I set it to Auto in bios, my pc connected to two screen, HP monitor through DVI and Samsung LED tv through HDMI

when I use my HP monitor sound work normal, when I switch to my Samsung TV to play games after doing the tv as a main display the sound will automatically play on the tv

install ATI HDMI AUDIO. which not come with ATI video card drivers

Your Integrated audio is Realtek family

go to 

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=24&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&Down...

check the accept box

download the latest sound driver in addition to ATI HDMI Audio Device in red color

I had same your problem once I update intergrated audio devise, and install the new one in red, PC works like a charm

You don't need to install the previous one, once you download R2.62 and start installation it will ask to remove the old then when restart it will start installing the new one, after that start with the red color driver

PS. look at sound options in control panel to make sure everything is working right, from there you can manual set the default audio devise

http://www6.0zz0.com/2011/06/29/04/745419231.jpg 

Student
murcerial
Message 10 of 29 (18,764 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi

Have a: Hp Compaq dc7900 Small Form Factor PC. After i´ve installed the new graphics card, the sound dissapeared. I´ve tried open bios, but can´t find any Onboard menu in there.

Murcerial

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation