No Sound when playing videos on youtube (6848 Views)
Student
wenwoods
Message 1 of 5 (6,848 Views)

No Sound when playing videos on youtube

I have a Compaq Presario SR2032X that has no sound through my speakers when I play youtube videos.  Sound has been playing until now.  The computer did have a virus; however, the virus is gone. What can I do to get sound. 

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (6,834 Views)

Re: No Sound when playing videos on youtube

Hi,

Check the following if you are using IE9.

Open windows Control Panel, open Internet Options and click the Advanced Tab.  Under Accelerated Graphics, make sure there is not a tick against 'Use software Rendering instead of GPU Rendering'.  If there is, remove the tick and then click Apply to save the change.  Restart IE.

If the above doesn't help ( or doesn't apply ), download the latest installer for Flash Player and save it to your Desktop.  Next, close all browsers, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features and uninstall Flash Player if it is showing here.  When done, restart the PC.  Now double click the installer on your Desktop to reinstall Flash Player.

Another option is to download and install Firefox as a temporary measure, as the latest version of Adobe Flash seems to work OK with this - you may need to run the Flash installer again after installing Firefox.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White Kudos star to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
BAlexy5
Message 3 of 5 (6,785 Views)

Hi,

Have the same problem.

Running Windows XP MCE (32-bit) w/ SP3.

Own an HP Pavilion s7320n.

Speakers are Logitech X-540 5.1 sound system.

Can get sound fine through:

-front jack / headphones in iTunes

-rear jack / speakers in iTunes

-front jack / headphones in YouTube

Can't get sound through:

-rear jack / speakers in YouTube

When I say iTunes, same goes for all system sounds / media players.

When I say YouTube, that goes for al flash-based content, regardless of browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc.).

Running the latest versions of Adobe flash & internet browsers.

Audio driver: Realtek HD Audio version 5.10.0.5178

Also have Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio, version 5.10.0.5010

Tried rolling back the drivers, uninstalling, everything.... just can't decide if it's a flash issue, or a speaker/hardware issue (since flash works thru headphones). First time I've posted on a help site in 5+ yrs... Any help out there?? It's driving me crazy!! Thx Brian

Honor Student
fchu
Message 4 of 5 (6,570 Views)

No Sound when playing videos on youtube

I had no Youtube sound (or from any downloaded video from CNN, BBC, Fox, etc)  from November 2011 thru at least April 2012 on my laptap HP Pavilion dv9700 (dv9910us).  Frustrated, I left the HP untouched and bought another laptop.  I had to loan my "new" laptop to my daughter in late July.  So I went back to the Youtube soundless HP and ran every update I could find.  Guess what!   YOUTUBE NOW SOUND WORKED!  (and also with videos from CNN, BBC, Fox, etc.).

Intern
RichVarsay
Message 5 of 5 (5,873 Views)

[ Edited ]

Uninstall your sound driver and check with normal sound it is playing or not.

If it is playing, check again on youtube. Still didn't get sound? Download latest adobe flash player as well as your browser.

Also check that your firewall and antivirus are not blocking third party flash player software.

Thanks,

Rich

Feel free to contact me for troubleshoot HP problems here >>>>>>>>>>>>

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation