Question
Pavillion dv6000 headphone jack stop working
Replies (31)

Provost
erico
Message 11 of 32 (18,566 Views)

Re: Pavillion dv6000 headphone jack stop working

Then uninstallation of the drivers and reinstallation afterwards could be worthwhile. That is NVIDIA's recommended method.

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Top Student
caroja
Message 12 of 32 (18,496 Views)

I'll try that.  thanks  :smileyhappy:
Professor
RasterBlaster
Message 13 of 32 (18,464 Views)

Caroja,

You mentioned it has something to do with having it go to your TV. Are you using an HDMI connection? If so that is a digital connection and you can go into Windows SOund Properties and set HDMI as the default sound device - if it is not already set.  You may even want to toggle it once. Set the Speaker as default, see if jack detect works, and then switch it back to see if that kicks it in the butt.

... an HP employee expressing his own opinion.
Please post rather than send me a Message. It's good for the community and I might not be able to get back quickly. - Thank you.
Top Student
caroja
Message 14 of 32 (18,446 Views)

I do not use HDMI.  I use S-video to SCART - have an old fat-tv.

Provost
erico
Message 15 of 32 (18,435 Views)

[ Edited ]

After the reinstallation do a restart of your OS. Now go back to Device Manager to see which audio devices have drivers loaded and are enabled. When you plug in Speakers or headphones you will have to go to Control Panel --> Sound and disable the one you do not wish to work and enable the one you want. I found that you have to be consisten in using eith the front panel connectors or the rear connectors. The rear connectors are normally your High Definition outputs.

I had not experienced what you initially posted before so I attempted to duplicate it yesterday and the same thing happened to me.

What I did to resolve the no headset audio was what I described here in the first few sentences of this reply.

Message Edited by erico on 01-23-2009 12:26 PM

Help others seeking a solution by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
Junkhead
Message 16 of 32 (18,421 Views)

Thanks Erico ...I have a conexant Hi def audio drivers I will try to see if this works.
Honor Student
Rick1972
Message 17 of 32 (18,410 Views)

I ahve the same issue. Out of nowhere both the audio out and mic in jack stopped working. I did not install or remove anything new. I contacted HP support they had no clue and blamed it on me reverting from vista to xp (even thought I have not had an issue for voer 8 months). I have tried changing the sound settings, uninstalling the drivers, cleaning the system 32 folder for files not deleted during the uninstall and reinstalled the drivers without luck.

By the way in less than 2 years I had to replace the mother board, the wireless card, the dvd drive and the hard drive. Is it another hardware failure due to cheap component? I am not sure but would not be surprised if it was the case.

I have a DVd6225us if you find the solution to the issue. let me know cause I am out of ideas....

Student
latopless
Message 18 of 32 (17,242 Views)

I have a dv6000 too. My head phone jacks (not sure about mic jack as haven't tested that) stopped working sometime in January (2009). The problem occured after I had been using one of the headphone jacks with Skype. I think it's a hardware issue. One thought on this is that perhaps there was some electrical discharge (static?) that happened when I pulled the jack out -- but I've never encountered that sort of thing before. My other thought on this is that HP has built in a timed self-destruct mechanism on the components it uses in its laptops to force people to pay for costly repairs/warranties etc -- but hey, that's just my paranoid conspiracy theory :smileyhappy: Anyone know how to fix/replace an audio jack on a dv6000?
Student
Kpoche
Message 19 of 32 (15,184 Views)

Mine stopped working yesterday too .. conviently since its no longer under warranty. Isn't that interesting?

Any of you had issues with your wireless losing its connection to your wireless router?

Honor Student
ntroisi84
Message 20 of 32 (12,316 Views)

I think I have a fix to this.  I have an hp dv2000  laptop. I am running vista home premium.  My speakers are working fine(except the random "no audio output device" that seems to be plaguing people) but when i plug into the headphone jack it does not mute the speakers and there is no audio in the headphones. When I right click on the speaker icon and go to playback devices, the volume is not muted for the headphones, and it registers when i plug and unplug my heaphones. When I use the test button, sound comes into the headphones. What i did was set the headphones  as default device. Then when I open a program to play music etc, I have sound through the headphones and not speakers. It does not work if the program you are listening to is already open, you have to open it after you set the headphones as default. I hope this helps someone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation