Question
Realtek onboard sound is stuck in digital output
Replies (14)

Top Student
CharlieL
Message 11 of 15 (5,056 Views)

Re: Realtek onboard sound is stuck in digital output

So if I do the registry thing I should solve my problem.  I will be able to see the HDMI and be able to select it as my audio out.
Top Student
CharlieL
Message 12 of 15 (5,023 Views)

I have an HP s3330f slimline and a Nvida Geforce 8500 GT with realtek audio on the MB. 

I am using an HDMI cable between the computer and the LCD TV. 

I get video but no audio.

When I go into audio devices The only thing I can see is Speakers not plugged in and Realtek Digital Output working.

I do not see a choice for HDMI.  I have tried the video driver and audio driver update.  There is a cable connected from the videocard to the spdif on the motherboard. Any suggestions.

Top Student
CharlieL
Message 13 of 15 (4,992 Views)

Found a solution.  Go into the Bios at bootup and change the audio from auto to enabled.  Let me know.
Honor Student
mako15
Message 14 of 15 (4,713 Views)

Finally got back to the computer with the RealTek stuck in Digital mode computer. I tried the bios change from auto to enable but still no sound and still martked unplugged. Went to registry editor and could not find ForceDisableJD out of the gazillion or so items I looked at. Am I doing something wrong? I have a m9077c driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhda.sys Driver Verseon 6.0.1.5864,6-2-2009.

Ok the easy way out is to buy a audio card. Any strong recommendations or cards to avoid?? Thanks to all for trying to help me, I really appreciate it. Ray

Top Student
hn333
Message 15 of 15 (4,698 Views)

Just buy a new sound card like I did. Realtek is pure crap on Vista. I really think the sound chip is faulty and HP won't admit to it. Just look at all the posts about losing sound for no reason. The other day I did a full factory restore of the PC and the sound still didn't work. This is the last time I buy a HP computer with Realtek sound. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation