Question

Honor Student
blackops
Message 1 of 2 (652 Views)

nvidia geforce 8400 gs

I have an HP Pavilion m9040n PC which about two years old. I would like to upgrade the current graphics card, ASUS ranger Nvidia geforce 8400 gs pci-e. I can not find a card to replace this which has the s-video output. There is also a two pin connector that is next to the s-video output on the card that is plugged into the computer. The cards I looked at did not have this connector on them. If I purchase a card and do not use this wire will this effect the capture card mounted on the front of this computer? I need the capture card to work.

What cards can I use? 

Grad Student
Futureperfect
Message 2 of 2 (597 Views)

Re: nvidia geforce 8400 gs

[ Edited ]

Can you give some more information about this two pin connector?

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01154933&tmp_task=prodinfoCategory&lc=en&dlc=en...

Look at Figure 4 and is the circled item the two pin connector you are talking about? Also is the capture card seperate from the geforce graphics card? No wires being shared in-between them.

I am an HP employee.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation