Question

Student
NancyStLaurent
Message 1 of 2 (567 Views)

HP Pavillion model # p6654y System Recovery

I purchased a HP Pavillion model # p6654y about one year ago.  Recently, when my son was using the computer, the system became completely unresponsive. He uses gaming sites, so he may have caught a virus.  I don't know.   I ordered the recovery disks, followed directions, and the monitor just stays at "starting windows".   (I let it go overnight, just to make sure I was giving the disks enough time to work, but there was no change.)  Computer never gets to "system recovery" screen, just stays at "starting windows" .  Any suggestions?  The disks are new, clean and undamaged.  Thank you.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 2 (560 Views)

Re: HP Pavillion model # p6654y System Recovery

Hello NancyStLaurent, You might try using the hard drive for the HP Recovery Resore of your system instead of the HP Recovery Restore disk set.

If can attempt this by pressing the F-11 key when the HP Logo appears. If you manage to enter the HP Recovery Restore Utility, select the destructive procedure and the hard drive will be reformatted and wiped clean of all the software on the hard drive.

After this process completes, the system should reboot and start as it did when you first booted the system.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation