Question

Honor Student
naroch
Message 1 of 9 (4,488 Views)

How to restore to factory settings on a Compaq Presario SR1370T?

How to restore to factory settings on a Compaq Presario SR1370T? I've tried everything I could I've done this before on my laptop but I just got this computer from a friend and this should be an easy task. Do I need a restore CD thing? lol

Honor Student
naroch
Message 2 of 9 (4,487 Views)

Re: How to restore to factory settings on a Compaq Presario SR1370T?

I've tried Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore and also tried every "F" button and nothing about Restoring to factory.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 3 of 9 (4,475 Views)

[ Edited ]

naroch wrote: How to restore to factory settings on a Compaq Presario SR1370T? I've tried everything I could I've done this before on my laptop but I just got this computer from a friend and this should be an easy task. Do I need a restore CD thing? lol

Hello naroch, You may be able to restore the system from the hard drive Recovrry Partion if it is still intact, not deleted or corrupted.

To try and recover the system from the HP Recovery Restore partition, press the F10 at startup, when you see the Compaq Logo, and see if the system will enter the Compaq Restore Recovery Utility.

If it does, select to perform a destructive recovery, and this will format the hard drive and wipe the hard drive clean, and reinstall the original software, and put the system back as it was when shipped from Compaq.

If successful, you would need to go to the Windows Update site and download and install any available updates. 

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
naroch
Message 4 of 9 (4,468 Views)

I've tried "F10" when I started up the computer. Also, when I start up the computer it tells me to press "F10" for recovery, it just doesn't work for some reason.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 5 of 9 (4,464 Views)

naroch wrote: I've tried "F10" when I started up the computer. Also, when I start up the computer it tells me to press "F10" for recovery, it just doesn't work for some reason.

Hello naroch, If the F-10 key does not allow you to enter the Compaq Recovery Restore partition and you do not have the Recovery Restore disk, I'm afraid you would not be able to restore the system back to the Factory default configuration.

It is possible you could have a hardware fault, perhaps the hard drive.

This system was released 21-Dec-2005, so it is getting a little age on it and HP/Compaq does not have Recovery Restore disk for systems made earlier than 2006.

Honor Student
naroch
Message 6 of 9 (4,458 Views)

Thank You, one more question I have, back to.. "You may be able to restore the system from the hard drive Recovrry Partion if it is still intact, not deleted or corrupted."

How do I get to the restore system from the hard drive "Recovery Partion" if it is still intact?

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 7 of 9 (4,456 Views)

naroch wrote: Thank You, one more question I have, back to.. "You may be able to restore the system from the hard drive Recovrry Partion if it is still intact, not deleted or corrupted." How do I get to the restore system from the hard drive "Recovery Partion" if it is still intact?

Hello naroch, The procedure to enter the Compaq Recovery Restore partition is to press the F-10 key at the boot of the system.

I believe you already said you tried that and it did not work. This would tend to indicate the hard drive is faulty, or the D: Recovery partiton has been deleted or is corrupt.

The Recovery Partition being still intact means it is still usuable and has not been deleted or corrupted.

Student
tootoot
Message 8 of 9 (4,428 Views)

I did a complete recovery on my desktop and now it won't restart. It is old. WindowsXP I guess I will have to buy a new one if I can't get it to restart. Can anyone help?

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 9 of 9 (4,421 Views)

tootoot wrote: I did a complete recovery on my desktop and now it won't restart. It is old. WindowsXP I guess I will have to buy a new one if I can't get it to restart. Can anyone help?

Hello tootoot, I checked the model number you listed and HP did not recognize the model number as a valid model number.

Can you advise why you needed to perform a complete recovery and how to did the recovery?

When you say it want start, does the system boot and just not boot into the desktop?

Can you provide a little more information please?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation