Question

Tutor
MAR-1986
Message 1 of 2 (4,493 Views)

Hp Slimline s5320y restory to factory settings

Hello,

I need to restore my HP Desktop to factory settings. I'm not sure how to go about this and I'm concerned that I migh tlose my OS (windows 7) when I do so. Can anyone guide me through the process?

Thank you.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 2 (4,490 Views)

Re: Hp Slimline s5320y restory to factory settings

[ Edited ]

MAR-1986 wrote: Hello, I need to restore my HP Desktop to factory settings. I'm not sure how to go about this and I'm concerned that I migh tlose my OS (windows 7) when I do so. Can anyone guide me through the process? Thank you.

Hello MAR-1986, Before you attempt to restore your system back to the HP Factory state, I would suggest backing up all your important data before you begin.

To perform a HP System Restore, boot the system and when the HP Logo screen appears, immediately start tapping the F-11 key and you should enter the HP Recovery Restore Utility.

Just follow the onscreen instructions, and select the destructive recovery, which will format the hard drive and wipe all the data from the hard drive, insuring a complete factory fresh installation of all the software, including the operating system.

When this part of the restore completes, the system should reboot, and start as it did when you first booted the system.

You would need to enter your personal information, accept the license, etc. When this completes, make sure you have your anti-virus program installed, and go to the Windows Update site and download and install any available Windows updates.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation