Need Recovery Disk for DC8000 CMT and SFF (1811 Views)
Student
posn75
Message 1 of 3 (1,811 Views)

Need Recovery Disk for DC8000 CMT and SFF

Hi, 

we just purchased 16 sets of HP DC8000 Elite Small Form Factor and 6 sets of HP DC8000 Elite Convertible Mini Towers. Just realised that the recovery disk is not included in the package. My understanding is that when i buy a PC installed with a OS from windows, i shld be entitled to a installation disk. 

So my question is shld i check with microsoft or HP for this installation disk?? 

Thanks. 

Provost
Paul_Tikkanen
Message 2 of 3 (1,805 Views)

Re: Need Recovery Disk for DC8000 CMT and SFF

Hi:

You can order recovery disks from HP for $10/set. One set would do all of them, but you can order as many as you deem appropriate.

The model name is the HP 8000 Elite (the dc model series ended with the 7900).

If you live in the USA or Canada, here is how to order:

1. Write down the part number and serial # on top of the computer on the silver/white tag. The model # is an HP-Compaq 8000 Elite, but the part number will be found on that silver/white tag below the serial #.

2. Call HP at 1-800-952-7689, option 1 (ordering restore disks is part of the list in the option).

3. Provide the info asked by the rep that answers the phone. Some just ask for the serial #, some want both, or they will just want the serial number and type of computer (8000 Elite).

4. Have a Master Card or Visa ready for purchasing. They don't take Discover. You will be charged $10.00.

You will receive the disks by First Class Mail or you can pay an additional $10.00 for FedEx shipping.

If you live elsewhere, call HP support for the country you live in at the link below. If they have a separate phone number for business PC's, call that number. You will need to provide similar info as above. The cost will range from free to more than $10/set depending on what country you live in.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/hp-information/summary/ww-contact-us.html

Paul

Student
ricfer620
Message 3 of 3 (1,149 Views)

Re: Need Recovery Disk for DC8000 CMT and SFF

THIS POST IS OBSOLETE! THE PHONE# IS NO LONGER IN SERVICE! PLEASE EITHER DELETE THE POST OR JUST TAKE HEED!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation