Question

Honor Student
Ryno43
Message 1 of 7 (5,213 Views)

Website Restore Error - Please Help

I need some help figuring out how to fix a "website restore error"..   There are a couple on my computer and I think it's from when my computer froze and had to be hard shut down.   This one for example is on CBS sports.com and everytime I go into a certain page it instantly says trying to recover then gives me the website restore error.

Thanks !

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 7 (5,209 Views)

Re: Website Restore Error - Please Help

Hi,

Which browser are you using ? Probably something leftover from cache.

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Ryno43
Message 3 of 7 (5,207 Views)

I am using IE 8, on a windows Vista system...  Hope that helps

Provost
banhien
Message 4 of 7 (5,198 Views)

Hi,

Just hit F5 key to refresh on that page to see, it should fix for you. Otherwise use the following link. After using this, IE8 may slow down a bit for few days.

http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache#Internet_Explorer_8

Regards,

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 5 of 7 (5,193 Views)

Ryno43 wrote: I need some help figuring out how to fix a "website restore error"..   There are a couple on my computer and I think it's from when my computer froze and had to be hard shut down.   This one for example is on CBS sports.com and everytime I go into a certain page it instantly says trying to recover then gives me the website restore error. Thanks !

Hello Ryno43, I would suggest upgrading to Internet Explorer 9. It appears to me at least, to be much better tna IE8.

Also, you might try deleting all the temp. Internet files, cookies, History and Internet Explorer cache.

You will loose all the site data but that would be rebuilt as you go back to the sites.

Sometimes the IE cache gets corrupted.

Just some thoughts.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
Ryno43
Message 6 of 7 (5,174 Views)

Here is what the error is saying....  I cleared the cache and temp internet files....thanks

We were unable to return you to cbssports.com.

Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem.

What you can do:

Go to your home page

Try to return to cbssports.com

More informationMore information

When a website causes a failure or crash, Internet Explorer attempts to restore the site. It stops after two tries to avoid an endless loop.

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 7 of 7 (5,167 Views)

Ryno43 wrote: Here is what the error is saying....  I cleared the cache and temp internet files....thanks

We were unable to return you to cbssports.com.  Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this website. It appears that the website continues to have a problem. What you can do:  Go to your home page Try to return to cbssports.com   More information When a website causes a failure or crash, Internet Explorer attempts to restore the site. It stops after two tries to avoid an endless loop.

Hello Ryno43, You might try resetting Internet Explorer 8 to the default settings.

You can open Internet Explorer, and in the Tools Menu, select Internet options, and in the Security Tab, select to Reset all zones to the default level.

It has also been suggested the the Yahoo Toolbar can cause issues of this type. If you happen to have the Yahoo Toolbar, you may try uninstalling it.

Just some more thing to try. I managed to open cbssports.com without any issues at all, so the issue seems to not be the web site.

Some suggested that the older versions of Adobe Flash could be the cause as well as the older Java addon.

Just some thoughts.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation