can't download/install after recovery (319 Views)
Student
dbryno
Message 1 of 2 (319 Views)

can't download/install after recovery

Just completed the recovery process. All went well except now I can't install any software that has to be downloaded (e.g. Acrobat Reader, iTunes, etc.) If copy the install from another from another computer it installs fine, but if it has to download any files as part of the installation...no can do. I can't even update Java.

Regents Professor
wb2001
Message 2 of 2 (302 Views)

Re: can't download/install after recovery

In order to better assist you, could you please answer the following:

1) HP computer model and version of Windows (XP, Vista, Win7)

2) What "browser" are you using?  Check the settings.

3) What Security package are you using?

4) Which Recovery process did you initiate?  non-destructive, or full (condition is an "out of the box" experience).

5) Are you able to download the file first, then run the install from the saved file?

MS answer for XP OS:http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_xp-windows_install/can-not-download-anythin...

I am taking a survey, JUST HOW LONG would you wait for a reply???

The Law of Effect states that positive reinforcement increases the probability of a behavior being repeated. (B.F.Skinner). You toss me points, and I perform better.

To say THANK YOU, press the white "thumbs up" on the left, to render a KUDO.
Please click Accept as Solution, just to the right of my reply if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO

HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB WIN7-64bit
Custom Asus P8P67 board, I7-2600k, WIN7 Pro 64bit, GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 750W OCZ, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W
HP m8100eCTO WIN7 Ultimate 32bit. XFX5670 1GB, Rosewill 530W.
Printer -- OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus, HP Deskjet F4135

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation