06-15-2011 03:29 PM
Just completed the recovery process. All went well except now I can't install any software that has to be downloaded (e.g. Acrobat Reader, iTunes, etc.) If copy the install from another from another computer it installs fine, but if it has to download any files as part of the installation...no can do. I can't even update Java.
06-17-2011 11:53 AM
In order to better assist you, could you please answer the following:
1) HP computer model and version of Windows (XP, Vista, Win7)
2) What "browser" are you using? Check the settings.
3) What Security package are you using?
4) Which Recovery process did you initiate? non-destructive, or full (condition is an "out of the box" experience).
5) Are you able to download the file first, then run the install from the saved file?
To say THANK YOU, press the white "thumbs up" on the left, to render a KUDO.
Please click Accept as Solution, just to the right of my reply if your problem is solved.
You can render both Solution and KUDO
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
HP m9200t CTO,Win7 Pro 32 bit. 4GB RAM, ASUS 550Ti 2GB, Rosewill 630W. 1T HD SATA 3Gb/s
Custom Asus P8P67, I7-2600k, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX660 2GB, 16GB RAM, 750W Corsair, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Custom Asus P8Z77, I7-3770k, WIN7 Pro 64bit, EVGA GTX670 2GB, 16GB RAM, 750W Corsair, 1T HD SATA 6Gb/s
Printer -- OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus