Question

Honor Student
jthef
Message 1 of 4 (3,527 Views)

cant do system restore Compaq Presario windows XP

HI

I am try to reinstall windows to a Compaq Presario SR1000 windows XP but when I click F10 on boot which is the system restore option it just asked about starting in safe mode etc. (I have tried most of the function buttons but all the same or bios)

the system has been restored once before and there are no programs on the computer for creating new recovery disks.

The D drive recovery partition is still there.

I have looked on the website but can not see any software to install to help other than update.

How Can I do a system restore or create disks if the software is not there.

Thanks

Jon

Teacher
Andrew_P
Message 2 of 4 (3,523 Views)

Re: cant do system restore Compaq Presario windows XP

hi,

Follow steps listed on below link to perform Recovery(reinstall the windows) :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph07145&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=416412&tmp_t...

If it helps click on the Star sign on left to says "Thanks" 

Honor Student
jthef
Message 3 of 4 (3,517 Views)

Hi Andrew.

Can't do any of that as no recovery software on the sytem to recovery, on boot up or make recovery disks.

any idea how to get the software to perform the recovery, put the option for recovery on boot up or to create the recovery disks?

thanks

Jon

Teacher
Andrew_P
Message 4 of 4 (3,494 Views)

Provide me the exact system model or product number.. If you are located in USA or Canada , you contact HP support and purchase the Recovery disc of the computer if available ...

click on Star sign on left to say thanks...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation