Question

Student
brigjack1
Message 1 of 3 (3,291 Views)

get rid of virus by rebooting

on my hp pavilion a1410y desktop I have the palladium or palladin virus. i want to reboot to get rid of it but i cant find my start up system replacemnt cds.  where can i buy them or anyone know how to get rid of that virus?

Top Student
jayzce
Message 2 of 3 (3,288 Views)

Re: get rid of virus by rebooting

[ Edited ]

if you are somehow a tech person and can do manual removal of these things, you might want to try these:

Palladium Removal Instructions

Step1: Use anti-virus program to do a full scan and then remove this Palladium virus once it was detected by the Safeguard program.

Step2: To stop all Palladium processes, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE to open the Windows Task Manager.  Click on the "Processes" tab, search for the virus, then right-click it and select "End Process" key.

Step3: Remove the Palladium virus from registry editor.  Click "Start" button and selecting "Run." Type "regedit" into the box and click "OK." Once the Registry Editor is open, search for the registry keys below:

%Programs%\Palladium Antivirus\Palladium Antivirus.lnk

%Programs%\Startup\Palladium Antivirus.lnk

%AppData%\Palladium.exe

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run "Palladium Antivirus"

If you thought the virus threat was big, consider the incidence of spyware infection. Or you hesitate to remove yourself for in case due to mistakes damaging your system.

You can try scanning your pc with your favorite anti virus software, adware and other things you have and try to have it removed by those. If not manual deletion of the links and exe files of the virus is the last resort in order for you not to do a recovery or a format. 

hope this helps.

Teacher
Vishal_Shankar
Message 3 of 3 (3,274 Views)

Re: get rid of virus by rebooting

First try starting your system in safe mode. If it starts, then you have an easy solution for your problem.

Solution:

1. Download Avira free edition(http://www.avira.com/en/avira-free-antivirus) from Internet Cafe/get from friends.(Only Avira can be installed/scanned in safe mode)

2. Then install Avira in safe mode and do a complete system scan.(Note: Change configuration settings to Expert Mode before Scan)

3. Restart. and Your PC is good.

If the safe mode is not opening, then do the following one by one till you get it right.

1. startup repair (with restore point)

2. If you don't have your OS Recovery, ask your nearest HP service. And use it for repair.

3. Do a clean Install of your OS.

** If your problem is solved then Mark this as Answer! **
** Please give Kudos If you want to Thank Me! **
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation