Question

Honor Student
ttnta
Message 1 of 10 (9,883 Views)

hp p6310y not booting up, stuck in hp screen

[ Edited ]

hp p6310y not booting up, stuck in hp screen, how to restore the BIOS?

I have already short pin 1 and 2 jumper and put back to pin 2 and 3 but does not resolve the problem.

Still stuck in Hp screen, not moving forward

It does not pass POST

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 2 of 10 (9,870 Views)

Re: hp p6310y not booting up, stuck in hp screen

ttnta wrote: hp p6310y not booting up, stuck in hp screen, how to restore the BIOS? I have already short pin 1 and 2 jumper and put back to pin 2 and 3 but does not resolve the problem. Still stuck in Hp screen, not moving forward

It does not pass POST

Hello ttnta, If the system is stuck on the HP Logo screen, you might try pressing the F-11 key and perform the HP Recovery Restore.

If your system has POSTed and is trying to pass control of the system over to the operating system,  you should be seeing a black screen with a blinking cursor at the top left corner of the black screen.

If this is the issue, there may be several causes for this to occur. The most likely would be a corrupted operating system, but also a failed hard drive.

If you are successful in pressing the F-11 key at the HP Logo screen and select to perform a HP Recovery Restore, you would loose all the data you have added to your computer since you recevied it from HP.

This would put the system back as it was when shipped from HP. As it is now, you have lost the data already, whether it be a corrupted operating system, or a failed hard drive.

If you have a Vista or Windows 7 DVD, you may could repair a Startup issue by inserting the DVD in the optical drive and trying to boot the system and select to repair startup issues.

Just some thoughts.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Honor Student
claremont10
Message 3 of 10 (9,863 Views)

Hi, I had a similar problem I was installing an upgrade and it was processing for a while then a blank screen ans no more progress, after many tries I thought it might be the disc,now I have my computer linked up to my TV. so I selected the computer mode on my TV. and on the screen was the program running and waiting for a command from me. The problem I concluded was the computer monitor was programed to close after 10 min that is why I could not progress with my installation. I have now succeeded an all is well hope this my help Claremont

Regents Professor
Hanspuppa
Message 4 of 10 (9,863 Views)

HP recommends that all the components be disconnected from the computer before a Restore process is started.

There should not be any hardware changes to the computer, and nothing connected except the mouse, keyboard and monitor.

Just some thoughts.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

Provost
Big_Dave
Message 5 of 10 (9,858 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you can't boot into the bios (F10 setup) then you might have a bad hardware component.  The motherboard in your PC might be the problem although other hardware componets can cause a similar freeze.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP e9280t, i7-960, 12GB, Vertex 3 120, ATI 4850
HP DV9700, t9300, Nvidia 8600, 4GB, Crucial C300 128GB SSD
HP Photosmart Premium C309G, HP Photosmart 6520
HP Touchpad
Custom i7-4770k,Z-87, 8GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650,GTX 760
Custom i7-4790k,Z-97, 16GB, Vertex 3 SSD, Plextor M.2 SSD, Samsung EVO SSD, Corsair HX650, GTX 660TI
Windows 7/8 UEFI/Legacy mode, MBR/GPT
Provost
CherylG
Message 6 of 10 (9,848 Views)

Enter BIOS by tapping F10 key and Reset to Defaults, Save & exit. If you can't enter BIOS_try removing the cables from the back of the hdd and try again..any results?

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
ttnta
Message 7 of 10 (9,831 Views)

Thank you everyone for the suggestions.  The problem is it never has Power On Self Test.  I would like to know how to re-program the CMOS without sending back to the manufacturer.  It is out of warranty already.

Provost
CherylG
Message 8 of 10 (9,828 Views)

Did you try unplugging cables from hdd to see if it would post? Try with each memory stick, one at a time.

******Clicking the Thumbs-Up button is a way to give Kudo's -Thanks!.******
**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue to help others who are searching**
Honor Student
GururajBK
Message 9 of 10 (9,819 Views)

Start up issues could be because of many reasons. We have to isolate the issue by performing a few steps.

Lets start from Power supply: Please do follow the steps given in the web link

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=bph06788&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&jum...

Do try the steps and let me know

Honor Student
ttnta
Message 10 of 10 (9,808 Views)

Thank you for the suggestion, it is not the start up problem, the power supply is good too.

It is the CMOS that need to be re-programmed.  I have tested and swapped with another know working system board, all work fine.  I's wondering how to restore the CMOS chip works.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation