Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
pavilion 550 -153
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have loaded Aldi photosoftware and it can not connect to the internet.  I have tried outbound/inbound rules in windows firewall without success. WHAT IS BLOCKING IT?

The software works without problems on the 2 other windows 10 x64 machines that I have.

executable is: Aldi photosoftware.exe (originally ephoto.exe)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @yotboy,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are having an issue with some photo software not connecting to the internet.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

First I would advise a quick test. Temporarily disable your firewall software, and then test the photo software. If it now works you know the issue is with the firewall, otherwise the issue is the software itself, in which case you should contact the software manufacturer's support page.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @yotboy,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are having an issue with some photo software not connecting to the internet.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

First I would advise a quick test. Temporarily disable your firewall software, and then test the photo software. If it now works you know the issue is with the firewall, otherwise the issue is the software itself, in which case you should contact the software manufacturer's support page.

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

SOLVED:

Although the software runs perfectly on my two other Win 10 x 64bit PC's and not on my NEW HP, I ran the app in compatibilty mode for Win 8 and it works.

How my HP machine is different from my others, I will probably never find out.

HP Recommended

I have since had I don't know how many MS and HP 'updates', and again the Aldi software (actually ORWO Net) will not connect to server.  I have disabled the firewall and disabled my AVG anti-virus and created inbound outbound rules for the exe file.  I have tried running in compatibility mode for Win8 with UAC control.

The software company say the problem is not theirs - they have no problems with their software (which I know well because it runs on my other 2 win 10 x64 PC's

Where on Earth do I go next?

(I have removed and replaced the software - done malwarebytes, CCleaner, and JRT.exe - all clean.)

HP Recommended

Lateral thinking solves problem.  Uninstall Aldi photo software.  Instal Lidl photo software.  A different German software with the same excellent functions (and prices). It works!

It now remains to tell Aldi - tomorrow's happy task

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.