Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
DC7700 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELLO.

My PC fans were noisy as hell and were giving me a hard time.So I used  SpeedFan . I know that it's kind of a pro user utility. but I watched a couple of videos and tweeked my fans speed with it a little bit and BAM I could hear the most beuatiful sound I've ever heard; I  could hear the sound of the hard drive spinning.

The RPM's and temps before tweak ( watch the Fans speed):

2016-10-03_210848.png

All I did in Speed Fan is chnage all the fan zone settings from " controllled by hottest of ambient remote " to " remote auto" and the fans became quit:

2016-10-08_2020213.png

this is my  temp as well as my RAM and CPU usage after " tweak".

2016-10-08_031836.png2016-10-08_031846.png

My questions are :

1. since the RPM of the fan dropped significantely (1827 RPM) the motherboard temp  augmented to 59/60 C , is this temp safe. I mean would my mobo be damaged or anything ?
  2. when I  try to play L4D or any game the CPU temp get to 58 C and the MOBO's to 62 C which scares the hell out of me; that I  quit the game. is that OK should I just keep Playing ?
  3. what do you suggest I do ?

All I want to know is whether these temps are Ok !!

MY SPECS:

Operating System
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 1.86GHz 41 °C
Conroe 65nm Technology
RAM
2.00GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 332MHz (5-5-5-15)
Motherboard
Hewlett-Packard 0A54h (XU1 PROCESSOR) 50 °C
Graphics
L1952HQ (1280x1024@75Hz)
Intel Chell 1.8b for Intel Q965/Q963 (HP)
Storage
74GB Western Digital WDC WD800JD-60LSA5 ATA Device (SATA) 41 °C
298GB Seagate ST3320311CS ATA Device (SATA) 33 °C
Optical Drives
HUAWEI Mass Storage USB Device
ATAPI DVD A DH16A1L ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

also Speecy is always giving me less temperatures than say Speed fan, HWINFO64 or OpenHardwareMonitor and I don't get it !!!!!!

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there praised10 🙂 

The temps seem reasonable and you should be OK. 

You should be able to find each part's spec sheet and recommended operational temperature either in your PC manual or online. 

Mind that tweaking some of the settings on the fans might cause issues if they are not configured properly to spin up and down when the temperature rises, for example due to heavier workload. 

If you are hearing abnormal noise coming from your storage drives I would suggest checking them if they are healthy and performing properly. You could do that with diagnostic tools from the manufacturers. For the WD drive that would be WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic. Check if the drive passes both the quick and the extended tests.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Captain_WD. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Here are the specs and temp rating on the installed CPU.. is has a 61.4C max.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi there praised10 🙂 

The temps seem reasonable and you should be OK. 

You should be able to find each part's spec sheet and recommended operational temperature either in your PC manual or online. 

Mind that tweaking some of the settings on the fans might cause issues if they are not configured properly to spin up and down when the temperature rises, for example due to heavier workload. 

If you are hearing abnormal noise coming from your storage drives I would suggest checking them if they are healthy and performing properly. You could do that with diagnostic tools from the manufacturers. For the WD drive that would be WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic. Check if the drive passes both the quick and the extended tests.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Captain_WD. 

HP Recommended

thank you for the reply. Just to make sure I downloaded and installed AIDA64 Extreme, ran Stability test which overloads the CPU, HD etc and the temps seemed fine 60/61 C for the CPU as well as THE MOBO. So I guess I'm Safe. Thank you again. Here is the pic: http://imgur.com/6i2ZyVl

HP Recommended

Yes, you should be on the safe side with these temps during the test. 

Just to be sure, monitor your temps and health status of the storage drives every once in a while so you know everything is fine and your data is safe. 🙂 

Captain_WD. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.