Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Compaq Presario CQ5320F pc
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking for the lastest BIOS update for my motherboard.

Motherboard Manufacture:                        Pegatron Corp.

"          Model:                                     M2N68 (Narra6)

BIOS brand:                                                       American Megatrends Inc.

Version:                                                              5.17

OS is windows 10,  Ram is 8 GB,  CPU is AMD Phenom II x4 955, GPU is NVIDIA GeForce GT 730, Power Supply 530 Watts.

I installed windows 10 and the above upgrades this week. When I purchased the cpu I was told to update the BIOS

before installing it. I didh't want to update the BIOS unless I had to.
System starts, runs and does better with every tweek I throw at it (I'm on it now). I get a crash every so often.

I am having the dambest time trying to find the update for this BIOS. Can someone at HP send or post a link for me?

I should have provided enough info to get me the latest update. If not just ask and I will get right back to you. Oh, yeah

it's a 64 bit. Thanks for any help, this update has to take place one way or another.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Full specs for the Compaq Presario CQ5320F  can be found here,  it's a circa 2009 machine originally with a WIN 7 64 bit.  No update to the BIOS was issued for WIN 7.  Also, BIOS updates are tied to the original OS (WIN 7) not WIN 10.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your imput, and yes the machine's OS was upgraded to Windows 10.

Sense a BIOS upgrade would be done with the Motherboard Mnf. (in this case Pegatron Corp.)

The OS is non sequitur. With HP dropping any support in 2014 (whom would not have the

update anyway, the motherboard mnf. would be the only one to get it from). So, all I am

really looking for is a link to Pegatron Corp. support where I can locate the update.

This is the issue. Where is the update? Where is Pegatron Corp. support for the motherboard

they made for HP? The only website I can find is a recuiting site.  It appears Pegatron is a sub co.

of ASUS, yet ASUS has updates (lots of them) for thier motherboards. there is non for this

one.

I don't need specs for my pc or info on the OS, I just need a link for the update please, please....

and one more please.

HP Recommended

The BIOS installed in HP products does not match the  Pegatron Corp version.  HP creates a unique BIOS, with a tattoo'ed BIOS linking the original OS to the motherboard.  That is what I was trying to explain to you.

caution:

Only install BIOS updates from HP. Do not install BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturer's Web site. Doing so might prevent the computer from accepting an HP System Recovery.
This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

ok at the bottom of your post you have:

caution:

Only install BIOS updates from HP. Do not install BIOS updates from the motherboard manufacturer's Web site. Doing so might prevent the computer from accepting an HP System Recovery.

So where is the update? This is HP website. If this is the only place to update the BIOS, I am once again
begging for the update link. You are HP, your own post tells me to come to you  for the update. Here I am,
please......please no more talk! just the update and we can all move on with our lives. please....please..
please...
If I have to reinstall windows 7, get the update then reinstall windows 10 then that is what I will do.
HP Recommended

There is no sense beating the issue, there is NO available update to the BIOS.

Further evidence that HP controls the BIOS, not the motherboard manufacturer:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Bios/m-p/5475270/highlight/true#M...

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Bios-Update/m-p/1087865/highlight...

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.