Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Omen 870-129 X6F76AA#ABL
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

There is a recommended update for my Omen 870-129 bios to A0.47ap1 (SP78869) but when I try to update it fails.  The bios is currently A0.37.  Should I forget about it?  How much damage can I cause if I continue to try and fail?

Product Code: X6F76AA#ABL

Thanks

Gerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@gfincati

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

It's possible the HPsupport assistance has pulled out the BIOS information from another product, 
And therefore isn't installing on your PC nor is listed on the official website, I suggest you ignore or close the notification.

Do you need to update the BIOS on your computer, you ask?
Probably not is the answer and here's why:

Just because there is an update for your BIOS does not mean that you should necessarily install it. It’s a myth that BIOS updates somehow make your computer faster or run better. In some rare instances, a BIOS update can fix a motherboard issue that might make your computer perform better, but it’s usually not related to speed.

For example, a BIOS update may help solve an overheating issue. Also, many BIOS updates are released that simply support new hardware like a new CPU model or graphics card. If you specifically need this new hardware, then it’s probably worth taking the risk to install it. If not, then you should simply stick with your current BIOS because the new BIOS won’t make any difference and could actually cause more problems if the update is interrupted during a restart or otherwise.

That said, you may go through the details section of the HP website for the A0.38 as well, find what it fixes and why it was released before you make your call: Click here for details.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@gfincati

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

As I Understand the BIOS update failed,

No worries as I'd love to help, however, I need a few more details to provide an accurate solution:

Where are you downloading the BIOS version from?

Is the computer booting into windows though the update failed?

Are you getting the recommended update from HP or is it a 3rd party application?

While I await your response, here's a few things you may attempt:

According to the Official HP Website, the latest version available for your computer is A0.38 Rev.A and can be downloaded by Clicking here

You could check this link for more updates: Click here

And I do not recommend updating to the version showing up on your screen as it doesn't seem to be available at the HP website.

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

1.  The recommended update A0.47 is from HP Support Assistant in the Update Section and found in the action log when I open support.  It reads:   HP Consumer Desktop PC Bios (ROM Family SSID 2B4B) for suppored models running a supported operating system

Do you think it is a mistake on the part of HP Support Assistant?  Everythiong else from that section updated properly.

2.  Everything works fine after I attempt the install and the computer boots just fine.

3.  I will download A0.38 and install or should I just forget is.  Everything is working well with A0.37

Thanks

Gerry

HP Recommended

@gfincati

Thank you for the update,

I appreciate your time and efforts,

It's possible the HPsupport assistance has pulled out the BIOS information from another product, 
And therefore isn't installing on your PC nor is listed on the official website, I suggest you ignore or close the notification.

Do you need to update the BIOS on your computer, you ask?
Probably not is the answer and here's why:

Just because there is an update for your BIOS does not mean that you should necessarily install it. It’s a myth that BIOS updates somehow make your computer faster or run better. In some rare instances, a BIOS update can fix a motherboard issue that might make your computer perform better, but it’s usually not related to speed.

For example, a BIOS update may help solve an overheating issue. Also, many BIOS updates are released that simply support new hardware like a new CPU model or graphics card. If you specifically need this new hardware, then it’s probably worth taking the risk to install it. If not, then you should simply stick with your current BIOS because the new BIOS won’t make any difference and could actually cause more problems if the update is interrupted during a restart or otherwise.

That said, you may go through the details section of the HP website for the A0.38 as well, find what it fixes and why it was released before you make your call: Click here for details.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! i couldn't download a bios update for my hp elitebook 8560w, it says there is no match for searched product number. I really need help with this. Please!!!!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.