Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 750
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Computer does not recognize cell phones to download photos.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @Blake1950,

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you need assistance to transfer photos from your cell phone to your computer. 

Maybe I can help if you could provide more information. 

May I which phone are you using? (Andriod or iOS.)

How is the phone connected to your computer?

The product number provided by you is for a printer. 

There is no mention of the computer model or the phone OS. 

However, if you are using an android phone. Please follow the procedure mentioned below. 

To be able to transfer any data from your Android phone, please make sure that the file transfer mode is enabled on your phone. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned below. 

Turn the computer ON, once you have logged in on your computer. 

Unlock your phone. 

Connect your phone to your computer. 

You will get a prompt on your phone to enable file transfer. 

Please enable it. 

If you don't get the pop-up. 

Swipe the phone from the top, to get see the notification or prompt to enable file transfer. 

Once you enable file transfer, you can open file explorer on your computer and see the contents of your phone.

If you do not enable file transfer, you will not be able to transfer files from your phone. 

If the issue persists, please open device manager by doing a right-click on the Windows button.

Check for unknown devices and right-click on them to find drivers. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.