Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear Paul_Tikkanen

Hi, This is Komsak again,  I have upgrade from W7 to W10 but three device still not properly device driver as follows,

1. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_08

2. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3A&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_21

3. ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_3400

Could you please suggest driver to download.

and another question, your last mention to W10 32bit can address max at 4 Gb of memory.  If I switch to 64bit, then add memory to 8 Gb or more.  This will help overall performance better.  Ca I install all current application on 64 bit OS?

Thanks & Regards,

Komsak

HP Recommended

Hi, Komsak:

You need these drivers...

This one should install the 1st two.

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp72870.exe

For the last one...

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

Your notebook was designed to run on a 64 bit operating system, so that is not a problem.

Adding more memory may be challenging because according to the service manual at the link below, you have to take almost the whole notebook apart to get to where the memory is located.

Also, upgrading the memory is supposed to be done by an authorized service center according to the manual, so there may be warranty issues involved if you do it yourself.

As far as applications, since I don't know what non-HP applications you are using, I wouldn't be able to answer that question.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04786101

File name: sp72866.exe

HP Recommended

Dear Paul_Tikkanen

This is Komsak last time your recommend me to 64 bit OS.  I have install W8.1, overall performance much better and gain memory

but I still need your advise to the driver for W8.1Pro as follow,

1. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3165&SUBSYS_40108086&REV_81

2. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1903&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_08

3. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D31&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_21

4. PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_522A&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_01

5. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D21&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_21

6. PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3A&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_21

7. ACPI\VEN_INT&DEV_3400

8. ACPI\HPQ6007

I tried to get NIC from Realtek but not response from their web, the others I cannot image to manufactorer.  I think it better to get from HP ftp.

looking forward to hear from you soon,

Happy Superbowl day

Komsak

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, the Realtek website has been out of service for over 2 days now.   I hope they get it working soon.

These should be the drivers you need from your notebook's support page--including the ethernet driver.

Install this driver first and reboot.

This package contains the Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver for supported notebook models and operating systems. This utility enables the operating system to show the correct name for the installed Intel hardware in the Microsoft Windows Device Manager.

File name: sp73543.exe

This package provides the drivers to support the Intel 7260/3160 Wireless LAN adapter in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp70883.exe

This package contains the driver installation package for the Intel Bluetooth in the supported notebook models running a supported operating system. NOTE: In order for this package to install correctly, the previous package must be removed before running this driver update.

File name: sp74472.exe

This package contains the driver that enables the Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework firmware. Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework provide system temperature and power utilization information for the system thermal protection to function properly. This package is provided for supported notebook models running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71185.exe

This package contains the driver that enables the Realtek Card Reader in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. The card reader enables users to read from or write to supported removable storage cards, which are typically used in digital cameras, digital music players, and cellular phones.

File name: sp71189.exe

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Intel Management Engine Interface enables communication between the host operating system and the Intel Management Engine firmware.

File name: sp71183.exe

This package provides HP 3D DriveGuard Software (HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection) for supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system. HP 3D DriveGuard Software protects the hard drive by parking the heads if the notebook is accidentally dropped, or is abruptly impacted by another object.

File name: sp71811.exe

This package provides the Realtek Local Area Network (LAN) Driver that enables the Realtek Network Interface Card (NIC) Chip in supported notebook models that are running a supported operating system.

File name: sp71191.exe

Happy Superbowl Sunday to you too!

Paul

HP Recommended

Dear Paul_Tikkanen,

Thanks for your support

but I have a trouble download file as your mail.  Especially sp70883 facing download speed very low and cannot finish till now.  I'm not sure that trouble is on my or your side.  I have it checked to my ISP.

For sp71183 status shown this platform is not supported.  Could you please recheck for me again.

Thanks & Regards,

Komsak

HP Recommended

additional info

here this is abnormal left

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_3165&SUBSYS_40108086&REV_81

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D31&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_21

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D21&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_21

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3A&SUBSYS_80A3103C&REV_21

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

Try the wireless card driver directly from Intel:   2nd driver on the left side of the page.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25684/Intel-PROSet-Wireless-Software-for-Windows-8-1-

Try this chipset driver...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp71501-72000/sp71864.exe

And this imei driver...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp72501-73000/sp72884.exe

HP Recommended

Afternoon Tikkanen

all devices have been properly install as follow your suggested.  Thank for you support.

One question left

Windows claim that they have defender to protect the system.  W8.1 also and much improve on W10,  Do I need to intall Virus protection?  Cause it always spend much system resource.

Appreciate & Enjoy Superbowl

Komsak

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I have always used Microsoft Security Essentials on XP-Windows 7, and the built in Windows Defender A/V anti-spyware program in W8-W10.

Never had a virus, malware or any other related issues.

So, IMO, it is not necessary to install any other antivirus program.

HP Recommended

Dear Paul_Tikkanen,

So far, my N/B is fine as your good suggested during the installation.  Just only let you know that, when I download from ftp as your mention especially this "sp70883.exe".  I'm facing difficulty to download (very slow speed),  not sure this trouble is on yours or mine site.

Regards,

Komsak

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.