Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
505B desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The installed BIOS is 7 years old. I'm trying unsuccessfully to upgrade the BIOS but the installed OS (Win 10 64-bit)  is not one of the choices (32-bit is allowed however). Plz explain what options are avail. Thanx.

Bewildered Bob

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Beach_Bum

Sorry, but HP makes their BIOS updates OS-version specific.

If the installer will not run, then that version does not match your OS version and there is nothing you can do to change that, other than changing the OS version.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended
Thanx for the quick reply. I'm curious - why not also support 64-bit Win 10 since other releases of Win include both 32-bit & 64-bit ? How difficult can it be to tweak the 32-bit version to support 64-bit ? Bewildered Bob
HP Recommended
I understand that this download is for the INSTALLER SOFTWARE ONLY - no impact on BIOS installed. If so will the 32-bit option also work for 64-bit Win 10 ?
HP Recommended

@Beach_Bum

We're just volunteers here and have no say in what HP does, so we can not answer why HP does not product Win10 versions of their Win7 BIOS updates.

The download needs to be for the Win7 OS version that you are going to run.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.