Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@GoonerAl Sorry to hear you are also having the problem. I have searched for reports and nobody  has reported this bug in Apple Store nor Google Playstore. I would suggest to post a review of the app in the appropiate store. Many times developers look to these for bug reports. 

You can also use the feedback email I posted above- orbitfeedback@hp.com

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

@Chrismcn @GoonerAl Have either of you tried tapping on an empty space on the app after entering code to see if kbd withdraws?

HP Recommended

Yes, I tried that and I tried turning it sideways as someone else suggested, but nothing worked.  I got frustrated spending so much time on this software app.  I've moved on and I'm using Dropbox.  Works perfectly everytime.  Not as convenient as the HP Orbit concept, but at least it works and I can move items between my phone and my laptop, which is what I wanted.  Unfortunately, I don't have the time to spend writing reviews, reading FAQ, or writing to support teams for a problem that, had they done their due diligence and testing on the newest iphones, should have been detected and fixed.  Thank goodness there are other software applications that do the same thing.  If I spend anymore time on this issue, it will be to find another software application that matches the HP Orbit concept and actually works.  Thanks to all of you for your suggestions.

HP Recommended

I have gotten a bug report sent to the Orbit developer team. Hopefully some testing and an update will correct the problem. The only iPhone user I could get to test has an iphone 6+ with 5.5" inch screen as opposed to 4.7" on iPhone 6 and 7. It worked fine on his so maybe it is something in the app not adjusting for screen size.

HP Recommended

Thanks but tried everything. this is my first HP after my Samsung gave me so many issues in the 4 years I had it before it finally decided to tell me it wasn't gonna play anymore!  I bought this Hp on recommendation from 'Which' magazine (Uk) however I am extemely unimpressed in the 2 days I've had it and will be returning it tomorrow!

HP Recommended

@GoonerAl Sorry to hear of disappointing performance from your new laptop. Which model do you have ?

HP Recommended

I have an iPhone 6s and am experiencing the identical problem.  I tried everything suggested here and in addition tried minimizing the font size in the settings menu of the phone.  Nothing works to show the pairing button below the numeric keyboard that pops up on the phone in the orbit app.

HP Recommended

@sonofrino i did get a bug report filed. My thinking is the app is not adjusting for screen size since someone I know tested with an iPhone 6+ and it worked as normal on that larger screen. Hopefully an update will be coming that will correct it.

As suggested to the others the more feedback the orbit team gets the better the chances of fast update.Email -orbitfeedback@hp.com

HP Recommended

I have the exact same isue with my iPhone7, in that the keyboard covers the "pair" button.  I'm on a new HP Pavilion that I bought 1 April 17

HP Recommended

I was told that the developers are aware of the problem and working on a solution. Submitting a review at Apple app store or a bug report with the feedback email  could raise the priority level and get a faster solution if they know how many are impacted. orbitfeedback@hp.com

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.