Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
What are HP SoftPaqs and where do I find them.  Installation document for Windows 7 says to download HP SoftPaqs for Windows 7.  I can't seem to find what they are talking about.  Any help appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this HP web document for information regarding software and drivers. HP SoftPaqs are drivers and software.

regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Try this HP web document for information regarding software and drivers. HP SoftPaqs are drivers and software.

regards,

erico 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

The page is "not found". Following the suggested links takes one to business software. No links for the rest of us...

HP Recommended

Hi,

@rjo wrote:

The page is "not found". Following the suggested links takes one to business software. No links for the rest of us...

The documents have apparently been moved to another location on the server. 
Best regards, 
erico

HP Recommended

Thanks for that incredible display of genius and great customer service! "The documents have apparently been moved to another location on the server".  What kind of response is that!? How about earning your money and find out for us WHERE THEY HAVE BEEN MOVED TO????? 

........PLEASE

C

HP Recommended

@chickenfart wrote:

Thanks for that incredible display of genius and great customer service! "The documents have apparently been moved to another location on the server".  What kind of response is that!? How about earning your money and find out for us WHERE THEY HAVE BEEN MOVED TO????? 

........PLEASE

C

I hate to break your bubble, but...I am amongst those who earn nothing by volunteering my time here in the forum. There are very few HP employees who "work''  for pay here in the forum. This is a peer to peer forum. Take a read and see what this forum is about. Clearly you did not do that when you joined us. If you had, you would not have made the quoted statement.. I am a peer, not an HP employee. 

Try moderating your statements and being very specific on the topic of the help that you need.. That is the best way to get help here. Insulting people here for no reason will simply give you crackpot status and you will be ignored.. Nobody wants that. We are here to help each other.

This is the location of the index of the HP FTP server where a plethora (so many softpaqs that you can't even count them)  of softpaqs and documents for all HP products are located. Finding a particular softpaq for a particular product and operating system is on you. I have led you to the source that you were seeking. All you have to figure out is how to use it.. 

Best regards,
erico

HP Recommended

d

HP Recommended

I am trying to load Win 7 on my DV 2500 , and I came across your post for Softpaqs.

I tried looking through the FTP site you provided, but I could not find any SoftPaqs.

Do you have a name for the file>

How about a type of file also so I can narrow down the search?

Unless of course you found the file for posting?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Kevin

HP Recommended

Well, they? Who are they? They talk about this neat driver pack! HP SoftPaqs for windows 7 and others.  and give is all this hope that we can maybe solve our HP computer problems after upgrade from Vista or whatever we need it for. Then send us all on a wild goose chase that gets answers from an uninformed volunteers, who just cant answer the big question (where is the download!). Not to mention the promise of maybe a fix, yet it leads to no where? Please either give us what we ask for, or don't have that info on the site.

It would be very good to forward these comments to the HP tech People, or who ever the hech ever they are. I've been working on these issues for days and didn't appreciate this run around with no end. None of us like these false hopes. So just ask them to take the whole thing away, unless there really is a SoftPaqs download and we can access it, even if it has a cost, I would pay it. At this point, it all just seems like a big lie, or it went away and no one bothered to remove the info, or tell the public about it, who trust you!

As for you volunteers, Thank you for your service, this is not aimed at you at all. But it would be nice if we could get the answer and the download, because of your diligent research and efforts.

Sincerely, GeekGirl

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.