Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP T620 Thin Clients
Other

Does anyone know how to reinstall the HPDM agent, usually native to a thin client, that has had it removed? 

I cannot use the HP Windows Embedded 7E image from HP that we can download for these clients, and the image that I have available for the t620 has had the HPDM Agent removed from the system; it's no longer in the control panel. I have attempted to grab the agent files from the current HPDM server located in the repository, and though it loads quite a few files and looks good to go, the HPDM Server still does not see the system.

Current Server is: HPDM 4.3 (will be upgrading to 4.7 once we're able to get this base system up and running)

I have no error logs to give, since I believe the issue with the client not reporting to HPDM is the fact that it no longer has an agent installed. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I found this in another post; posted by Chen_HPDM:

The agent files are in already in your DM Repository

- For WES 64 bit Agent, you can copy the agent file and double click it to install.

- For 32 bit Agent: 

copy the update.exe and hpdmagent.exe to thin client manually 

Create run.cmd file in the same folder as above with command of:

copy .\hpdmagent.exe c:\windows\temp
update c:\windows\xpeagent\hpdmagent.exe c:\windows\temp\hpdmagent.exe 0
net start hpdmagent

Execute run.cmd

Even though this ran (mostly) it failed simply because the hpdmagent services was no longer on the thin client. I attempted to recreate the service, but that does not work, as the service fails to start. 

Is this a way to run a "clean" install, or is this assuming that pieces of the original agent are still installed? 

Any ideas how to complete a complete reinstall of an agent from scratch?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

I would also like to be able to do this, any update?

HP Recommended

Yes, any update to this?

HP Recommended

I know it has been sometime on this question posed, I didn't end up here by accident I too was in need of an agent reinstall. If your server is setup then more than likely the agent install files are in your repository (Depending on your repository location) mine were here> D:\Inetpub\Ftproot\HPDM\Repository\Agents\Win64 for Windows 10 . The "Agents" folder has an installer for all flavors. I hope this helps.

JROD
"There's never time to do it right, there's always time to do it twice."
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.