Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
I was able to get mine working by uninstalling the touch pad drivers and rebooting. Now I can't turn it on or off by pressing the left corner. I need to call HP for a fix. I would try uninstalling the drivers and then rebooting and see if that helps. It seems to be a software issue that caused mine to freeze up. Luckily it is a touch screen.
HP Recommended
I found that of you disable the touch pad you can go into the touch pad settings and enable it with the button on the upper left of the screen. To see if that is your issue, check and see if your touchpad works at the login screen. If it works there and then stops when you login, then it is disabled.
HP Recommended

it wont work on my locked touchpad

HP Recommended

Thank you so much!!!  I knew there was an explanation.  I hadn't had an hp before, until my employer sent this to me; I deactivated the touchpad by accident and didn't knwo how to reset it.  Thank you so much!

HP Recommended

I have an hp pavillion laptop and I somehow disabled my touchpad, because I would inadvertently graze it with my palm while typing and it would zoom in and out and make the cursor jump. But now that it's disabled I can't copy and paste text, cuz you need the mousepad en abled for that.

How do I enable my mousepad again and set it so I can use the buttons to left and right click? I tried the suggestion to double click in the upper left of the mousepad, but that didn't work. Please help.

HP Recommended
I have to go into my control panel and select mouse. Once there you should have something to click to get into your touch pad. Once there, look in the upper left corner there should be a button to turn it on. I have tried double clicking the top left of my touch pad as other have suggested but it never works. This method works everytime. Luckily I have a touch screen. If you do not you will have to use your keyboard or an external mouse.
HP Recommended

Hello Waterboy71,
i tried the Davidpk specified as you said..

but i still can't enable the touchpad..

is there other way ?

HP Recommended
Gabriel try doing it via the control panel. Go into Control Panel. Select Mouse. Under your mouse properties you have a Touch Pad tab. Select txt and then click Change the Touchpad settings at the bottom. In the upper left corner you should see the name of your touch pad with a button to the left (mine is "|" when on and "o" when off.
HP Recommended
I have a HP tablet it won't charge it has a question mark when it's charging what does that mean
HP Recommended
It could be a few things. I've seen this issue with the HP Touchpad running CM9. You can try going into a recovery mode and resetting it to default. This will delete any data, so use it as a last resort. You can also try connecting your laptop to a USB port on a desktop/laptop to see if that helps. The question mark can also mean that your battery is too low to start the device. I would do the following for any of these issues to isolate the problem:

1) connect to a computer via USB.
2) try another power cable
3) perform a reset on the device.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.