Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6310yPC
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Recent changes. The PC opened one day with a full Blue  screen with floating messages of self repair, but would not respond to any

attemp of input. I took the machine to Office Depot where they have a Tech department with trained professionalpersonnel. I regretably had upgraded to w10 from w7. They couldn't resolve the problem of the blue screen, so they

proceded to pull W7 out f the W10 platform. I don' think that all of W7 resides in W10, so there were lots of problems, and after 4or 5 visits, I thought I could  live with what I had. However, this issue with scanned documents is intolerable!    HELP!

ralaf
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello ralaf,

Your issue would be better addressed by our computer forum, it sounds like you have an issue with either opening PDF or JPEG files. What most likely happened was when they installed Windows 10, then installed Windows 7, your PDF/JPEG default application hasn't been reinstalled or set correctly.

I'll request a moderator move your post to the computer forum for assistance.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello ralaf,

Your issue would be better addressed by our computer forum, it sounds like you have an issue with either opening PDF or JPEG files. What most likely happened was when they installed Windows 10, then installed Windows 7, your PDF/JPEG default application hasn't been reinstalled or set correctly.

I'll request a moderator move your post to the computer forum for assistance.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.