Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7qe
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

My desktop was bought in 2012. I get alot of error messages and the like, which I can work around, with difficulty:

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue." Firefox browser freezes. "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000142."

Frequent prompts to run Norton Power Eraser.  "*C:\Users\....pdf…Unspecified error (when trying to print a downloaded pdf.)" "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022.) Click OK to close the application.” "Windows cannot access specified device. You may not have the appropriate permissions.”

What can be done to get rid of these problems?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

What is the complete product number on the service tag? Look on the rear or sides of your PC to find it.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

It is C1T74AV#ABA. Thank you.

HP Recommended

Ok. You have an HP Pavilion P7-1420t desktop.

The "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue." Firefox browser freezes." is a browser error message.  I have seen that message with older Internet Explorer versions, but never with Firefox.  That has nothing to do with your operating system. You can chase that one down at the Mozilla Suport Community. Do a search there after determining which version you have installed.

Had you considered  copying important data to an external storage device and refreshing the operating system with the use of the Recovery media?  Run a factory recovery.  That will require reinstalling your programs. If you have a Firefox account and sign-in with your Google mail account, you can synch you user data. That way you won't lose any of your favorites or saved passwords.

"Frequent prompts to run Norton Power Eraser.  "*C:\Users\....pdf…Unspecified error (when trying to print a downloaded pdf.)" "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022.) Click OK to close the application.” "Windows cannot access specified device. You may not have the appropriate permissions.”"

A fresh OS  and reinstall of  your programs will take care of the errors. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Thank you. I expect I will try that.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.