Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Presario F750US
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brought this used laptop and added Windows 10 Pro.  Issue show up that there's no (coprocessor driver and two base drivers missing).  Laptop is to old to get any from HP.  Can anyone tell me what the drivers are and can I do without them.  If not how can I get them. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

Base system...

This package contains the driver for the Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp37726.exe

CoProcessor...has to be manually installed as follows...Download and run the below driver.  I don't believe it will do anything.

This package provides the driver for the NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp37730.exe

Go to the device manager and click on the coprocessor device needing drivers.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp37730.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need these drivers...

Base system...

This package contains the driver for the Ricoh 5-in-1 Card Reader for the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp37726.exe

CoProcessor...has to be manually installed as follows...Download and run the below driver.  I don't believe it will do anything.

This package provides the driver for the NVIDIA nForce AR Chipset in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp37730.exe

Go to the device manager and click on the coprocessor device needing drivers.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp37730.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks very much for the help with drivers.  I use the infor you sent me and installed the drivers.  Much Thanks to you. Hope you have wonderful day.  jcollis217

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You have a great day too!

BTW..did you install the graphics driver?

That will not normally show up as a device needing a driver by itself like the other two devices did.

When the PC needs a driver in W10, under the Display Adapters device manager category, there will be a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter showing up there if a driver needs to be installed.

Your model should have a nvidia graphics adapter of some model # showing up there, if the graphics driver is installed.

HP Recommended

I went into Display Adapters in Device Mgr, there's a Microsoft Basic Display Adapter showing to be working.  The Nivida Grahics adapter was'nt listed.  Can have that one downloaded?

HP Recommended

Yes, I was afraid you were going to write me that.

OK, see if this works...it will be basically the same procedure as you did with the coprocessor.

Download and run this graphics driver.  You will most likely get an unsupported operating system error.

This package contains the driver for the NVIDIA GeForce Series video chip in the supported notebook models and operating systems.

File name: sp42635.exe

Close out of any error windows.

Then go to the device manager, click to expand the display adapters device category.

Click on the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C;\SWSetup\sp42635

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and hopefully the graphics driver will install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

I tried it but it failed.  It says the setup drivers is for Windows Vista 32/64 and will not work.  I'm running Windows 10 PRO.

HP Recommended

Yes, I know you get that error but didn't manually installing the driver work after you closed out of the error window when you ran the driver file?

If not, the only other suggestion I can offer would be to try the latest W7 graphics driver directly from nVidia...which was this one.

There are no W8, 8.1 or W10 drivers for that gpu.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/8972/en-us

HP Recommended

Ok, I went back and manually install sp42635.exe, it did install.  it shows Nvidia GeForce 7000n/NForce 610m. Thanks it worked.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

That is great news.

You should be all set then.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.