Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15.6" Star Wars Special Edi
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

so i know there are other threads on this topic and i have read them but they do not help me. for some reason my OS is different. I have windows 10 home edition. my Synaptic pointing device is v19.2.4 and i went to mouse setting and set it on no delay but it will not work. everytime i type my mouse stops moving and it is annoying the hell out me. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

As far as I can see, f12 ( or hold down Fn and press f12 ) should disable wireless connectivity - if it's not, try running through the procedure without doing this, but make sure to use the Microsoft tool ( last link in my first reply ) to block the driver from being updated again.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Windows Insider MVP

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally, you just need to turn off SmartSense or PalmCheck the Synaptics control panel - however from what I've seen, this no longer seems to work for Windows 10 versions of this driver.

You may be able to get around this as follows.

First, download the Synaptics driver on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

Synaptics Driver Version 17.0.18.8

Turn off your wireless card ( should be f12 ).

Open windows control panel, open Programs and Features, right click the current Synaptics driver and select Uninstall.

When complete, restart the notebook.

When windows has reloaded, open your Downloads folder and run the Synaptics installer - when this has completed, restart the notebook again.

Open the Synaptics settings panel, disable SmartSense or PalmCheck and then check if the touchpad will now work with a keyboard key held down. 

If it does, turn your wireless card back on and use the utility on the following link to prevent Windows 10 from automatically updating the Synaptics driver.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/3073930

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

f12 is not working. is there any other way to turn off the wireless card?

HP Recommended

Hi,

You may need to hold down the fn key and press f12.

If that doesn't work, post back with the  full Model No. and Product No. of your notebook - you can usually get this by holding down the fn key and pressing esc, otherwise see Here for a guide on locating this information.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

do i have to execute the v17 before i uninstall the v19?

HP Recommended

Hi,

No, carry out the procedure in the order I detailed in my initial reply and uninstall the 19 series driver, then restart before running the 17 series driver package- your touchpad will continue to function during this as Windows will load a generic touchpad driver.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

i am holding down the fn key. it is not working

product name: HP Pavilion Notebook

Product number: n5r61ua#aba

HP Recommended

please anwser back. please, pretty please.

HP Recommended

Hi,

As far as I can see, f12 ( or hold down Fn and press f12 ) should disable wireless connectivity - if it's not, try running through the procedure without doing this, but make sure to use the Microsoft tool ( last link in my first reply ) to block the driver from being updated again.

Regards,

DP-K

Windows Insider MVP

HP Recommended

I love you!!! thank you IT'S BEEN BUGGING ME SINCE I BOUGHT THIS LAPTOP.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.