Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
G5326uk desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I want to upgrade my pc and need to buy HP 8GB RAM,and compatible 4GB DDR3 SDRAM Video card for this HP G5326UK Desktop PC (Intel Pentium E5800, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Windows 7) to enable it support additional 3 monitors.I just don't know if I need plugable USB 3.0 to VGA/DVI/HDMI Video Graphics Adapter instead of an additional video card.
I've already installed windows 10 on it already.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@myhpupgrade, welcome to the forum.

The best way to choose memory is, check the manufacturer of the existing memory.  It is best not to mix manufacturers because it can cause conflicts.  This will keep the computer from booting.

As for the video card, newer video cards require UEFI in the motherboard instead of a Legacy/standard BIOS.  HP didn't begin using UEFI until mid-October, 2012.  The BIOS can't be upgraded to UEFI.  Your best option is to choose a manufacturer, such as, EGA, and contact their Tech Support for help with choosing the best video card that is compatible with your system.  I don't recommend video cards because it is very difficult for me to know which ones will work in older computers.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thanks for your kind advice.I'm indeed looking for HP RAM (preferably the same one with what I have on the desktop but a higer RAM size),but amazon could not tell me exactly the correct one,and refered me to HP.

Do you know the correct 8GB RAM for my pc.Below are the "Technical Specifications" of my desktop for your guidance.

Technical Details
Brand HP Item Weight 9 Kg Product Dimensions 56.8 x 50.4 x 25.6 cm Item model number G5326uk Processor Brand Intel Processor Type Pentium Processor Speed 3.2 GHz RAM Size 4 GB Computer Memory Type DDR3 SDRAM Hard Drive Size 500 GB Hard Disk Technology hdd Graphics Card Description Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X4500D Graphics RAM Type DDR3 SDRAM Graphics Card Ram Size 1.26 GB Voltage 240 volts Wattage 90 watts Operating System Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Lithium Battery Weight

25 Grams

Do you know if plugable USB Video Graphics Card  will serve my purpose instead of  installing additional video card to pc?

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @myhpupgrade.

Here is the memory upgrade information:

Supports DDR3 DIMMs only

Dual channel memory architecture
Two DDR3 DIMM (240-pin) sockets
DIMM types:
PC3-10600 (DDR3-1333)
PC3-8500 (DDR3-1066)
PC3-6400 (DDR3-800)
Non-ECC memory only, unbuffered
Supports 2 GB DDR3 DIMMs
Supports up to 4 GB on 64-bit PCs
Maximum memory only if using 2GB DDR3 DIMM modules

As for a USB video adapter, they can work nicely for adding monitors, but I don't know how they work for other purposes.  I suggest that you find a manufacturer and contact their Tech Support.  I know this sounds like a broken record, but adding new components to older computers is very difficult to know how they will work.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.