Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P6-2480ea
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi All.

I have installed AR Media (Augmented Reality plugin for 3D Modelling). The software works fine except when I try to generate a marker. The software has its own marker generator and when I click the .exe file to run it, it starts, allows me to enter 1 or 2 pieces of information then I get the error message saying the program has stopped working.

I've installed the program onto a Fujitsu laptop I have an it runs perfectly well on that and doesn't crash.

I've searched around and there appears to be a solution to "stop working" errors by opening up the DOS Command and typing bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff. However, when I try this I get the message that the value is protected by secure boot policy.

I've tried turning on DEP for all programs and services except those I select and have added the .exe file in question to the list, but that didn't work either.

Can someone advise on how I can get this program running without it stopping?

Thanks

J

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@jmm772, welcome to the forum.

This is a problem that will best be answered by the developer's Customer Support.  They know how there program works and should be able to help you solve your problem.  I don't believe that it is a HP hardware problem.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended
Hi old_geekster. Thanks for the reply.
Unfortunately, this is is an HP issue as the software works petfectly well on my fujitsu laptop.
I am sure that the solution lies somewhere within HP security settings.

J
HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @jmm772.

I am not aware of any HP security that could cause your problem.  So, I have asked an HP Agent to help you.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

@old_geekster I appreciate your effort and the fact that you had our back 😉

That said, @jmm772 Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand the Augmented Reality plugin for 3D Modelling doesn't work as it stops responding everything you attempt to run the "maker" executable,

However, the issue doesn't occur on an alternate computer,

To clarify, does the other computer have the same OS and hardware specifications as the one on your HP computer?

And did this software ever work on this computer? if it did, have you attempted a system restore and change updates to manual instead of automatic to identify the issue? 

While I await your reply to my queries, please try the below steps:

Perform the system restore (if applicable, as mentioned before),

if it's not applicable, please create a new user account with administrative privileges and check if it works,

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi riddle_decipher. Thanks for the reply.
I've not had a chance to work on your suggestions yet (been away from the pc the past few days). I will find some time over the weekend to check out your suggestions and pist back my findings.
Thanks for your input.

Regards

J
HP Recommended

@jmm772

Thank you for the replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.