Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-au109ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Basically when I open a new window or a program it opens behind the already existing programs and windows. And I cant seem to find a solution anywhere. A solution would really be helpful. Thanks in advance. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Princess_Sara,

Thank you for stopping by the HP forums.  A Good day to you. 🙂 I read the post about programs running in the background instead of the foreground. I will be delighted to assist you with this.

A stupendous effort, brilliant description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are an important HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

Fist off, to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a windows or software update? Do you remember?
  • What applications are you trying to launch?
  • Are they Apps like MS Word, excel, or games?
  • Have you tried multiple apps and checked to isolate the issue.

If it is a recent occurrence, then please try a system restore to an earlier time before the issue started to try and correct the issue from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545  

please follow the option “Restore your computer when Windows starts normally” and follow the on-screen instructions.

If this does not fix the issue then please check this Third-party link from ten forums: https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/26060-starting-new-program-opens-program-window-background... Please do not click on any image, link, following or download. This link is only for viewing purposes only and to follow instructions.

Please check this link and let me know if this fixes the issue also: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/windows-7-explorer-window-do...  Although it is for windows 7 it should work for windows 10 also. Please backup your registry before performing the registry tweak. Please keep me posted.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Princess_Sara,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are unable to open a new window or a program as it opens behind the already existing programs and windows and hence not visible.

Let's go through a few steps to resolve this issue.

You can try closing your open programs/windows, right-click on the task bar and unlock your task bar.  Once unlocked, simply click again to lock.  Try opening your programs now.  

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

I tried that .... doesnt seen to solve the issue

HP Recommended

Hi @Princess_Sara,

Thank you for stopping by the HP forums.  A Good day to you. 🙂 I read the post about programs running in the background instead of the foreground. I will be delighted to assist you with this.

A stupendous effort, brilliant description and very smart diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are an important HP customer and it is paramount to assist you here. I also take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

Fist off, to assist you better I would require more information regarding this.

• Did this happen after a windows or software update? Do you remember?
  • What applications are you trying to launch?
  • Are they Apps like MS Word, excel, or games?
  • Have you tried multiple apps and checked to isolate the issue.

If it is a recent occurrence, then please try a system restore to an earlier time before the issue started to try and correct the issue from this link: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03327545  

please follow the option “Restore your computer when Windows starts normally” and follow the on-screen instructions.

If this does not fix the issue then please check this Third-party link from ten forums: https://www.tenforums.com/general-support/26060-starting-new-program-opens-program-window-background... Please do not click on any image, link, following or download. This link is only for viewing purposes only and to follow instructions.

Please check this link and let me know if this fixes the issue also: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-performance/windows-7-explorer-window-do...  Although it is for windows 7 it should work for windows 10 also. Please backup your registry before performing the registry tweak. Please keep me posted.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OMG it worked..... Thank you so much 🙂

HP Recommended

Hi @Princess_Sara,

It has been a fabulous experience working with you. 🙂 I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. 🙂 You've been simply amazing with your technical expertise and thanks again for giving me the privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

I hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.  

Please take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for this!!! It worked 😀!!! Yay!

HP Recommended

Hi @Princess_Sara and all,

Can you tell us which solution worked? There were 3 in the thread.

Thank you and regards..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.