Post new question
Question

Tutor
Message 1 of 4 (93 Views)

Tables in ReadIRIS

Product Name: Officejet 6500A
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Following links from here, I installed the ReadIRIS OCR software.  I sent this question to their tech support two days ago, and have not gotten a reply.  I searched, but I don't see where they have a forum.  I'm hoping someone here can help me directly, or point me to an active place to post this question.

I'm scanning a report, produced originally in Word, in a simple table format.  The actual OCR is reasonably accurate.  I have no issue with that.  The problem is, in the middle column of the table, the block of text does not get recognized as a single paragraph.  Instead, it splits each line into its own sub-cell of the table.  This happens whether I save the output to Word or Excel.

In the Output settings, Layout tab, I have tried all three settings, Create body text, Maintain word and paragraph formatting, and recreate source document. Under the Options tab, I have checked Merge lines into paragraphs.

I don't know where else to look.  I haven't been able to alter the behavior, yet.

Does anyone know what option I need to change?  Or, can you point me at a better forum to ask this question?

I have bumped the tech support ticket.  But, since we haven't heard anything thus far, I'm starting to get pessimistic.

Thanks,

Drake Christensen

HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (61 Views)

Re: Tables in ReadIRIS

@MightyDrake

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Officejet 6500 printer. I getting issues while scanning and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting, I appreciate that and like to help further.

However, I will need a few details to provide an accurate solution,

• How is the printer connected to the computer, wireless or with USB?
  • When did this issue start?

Meanwhile:

• Reinstall the printer driver.
  • Use HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Click here and perform step 2 and 3 in this link.

Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.

Cheers.

Regards,
Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee
Tutor
Message 3 of 4 (55 Views)

I'm afraid the questions you've asked and the suggestions you've made do not address the issue, at all.  This is not a driver, issue nor a connection issue.  The actual scanning process is working great.  This is entirely a ReadIRIS issue.

I'll be thorough and answer your questions, anyway.

The printer is connected via Ethernet.

The issue first started with my first test OCR attempts with ReadIRIS.  I just installed the software, and this is the first time I've used it.

To reiterate, the reason I'm here is because I followed links from HP to ReadIRIS as the recommended OCR solution.  Tech support there has been slow to get back with us.  I was hoping that either someone here had already solved this issue, or had a suggestion for an appropriate forum.  Or, that HP would be able to prompt a response from them.

Drake

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (41 Views)

@MightyDrake

Thanks for the reply.

I made a research on this issue.

Yes, as you said it is IRIS software issue.

I request you to contact IRIS Tech Support for further assistance on this.

Cheers.

Regards,
Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation