Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello, i bought a couple days ago a few thin clients from somebody.

These has still their password on it for entering the bios.

All thins are from the T5000 series.

Dous anyone know how to remove this password? / or clear all setting to default?

- i searched for a reset jumper, but didnt found it. Only one jumper is near the audio output, but i guess that isnt the one i'm searching for.

- kept out CMOS battery for a few minutes, didnt help (maybe i must take it out longer?)

thanks in advance,

S Drosaert.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks Hanspuppa, it worked.:smileyhappy:

Suddenly i realized that, as you say, some capacitors may still have some charge on them right after shutting them down.

So i left the thins unplugged for a whole night, and after that i removed the CMOS battary for 1 hour. Thats all.

Thanks for your help..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello stefandrossaert, Normally, just removing the CMOS battery for a few minutes will reset the BIOS to the default settings.

I have read where it can take several minutes before you reinsert the battery.

Since these series are getting a little age on them, it might be worth replacing these CMOS batteries, especially if these systems have been out of service for a while.

The default Administrator password is case-sensitive with a capital "A"., but may not work as others have suggested.

Hope this helps.

Please click the White Kudos star on the left, to say thanks.

Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks Hanspuppa, it worked.:smileyhappy:

Suddenly i realized that, as you say, some capacitors may still have some charge on them right after shutting them down.

So i left the thins unplugged for a whole night, and after that i removed the CMOS battary for 1 hour. Thats all.

Thanks for your help..

HP Recommended

Simply release the battery and plug the power in to the thin client.

Start your Thin Client and the password is reset.

After that Replace the battery, en start again.

No need to wait for a night or so

HP Recommended
hello I brought a HP t5000 thin client from a somebody and it showing me error disk or disk error and telling me to replace it and continue plss can anybody help me out...
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.