Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP all in one 23-p114
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

How to I transfer my photos from my IPhone to an external hard drive using Windows 8?  I haven't synched my photos to ITunes as this is a new computer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi liljoe,

While HP does not support Apple products, there are tons of tutorials online on how to import photos from an iPhone to Windows.

There is nothing special you should have to do to connect the two together.

Look at this wiki on how to connect them...4 Ways to Transfer Photos from an iPhone to a Computer - wikiHow

In the 4th way on that wiki, where you choose to "import pictuers to", you would navigate to your external hard drive (that you also have connected via USB ) as the place to download to.

Just like you would copy and paste files anywhere in Windows.

Is that what you needed to know?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @Liljoe1,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I have read your post on how you are looking to transfer photos from your iPhone to an external hard drive, and I would be happy to help you!

If you are not able to extract image files from your phone to a location on your computer, I recommend contacting Apple's Technical Support for further assistance in this matter.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards 🙂

MechPilot
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended
Thanks MechPilot, I need instructions on how to extract photos from IPhone and transfer them to an external hard drive. My new HP computer has Win 8 so I'm not sure how to a accomplish this since on my old computer the photos went to Windows Photos. Do I need to use HP Connected Photos? I tried to look up help on HP Support but I could not locate any, Thanks
HP Recommended

Hi liljoe,

While HP does not support Apple products, there are tons of tutorials online on how to import photos from an iPhone to Windows.

There is nothing special you should have to do to connect the two together.

Look at this wiki on how to connect them...4 Ways to Transfer Photos from an iPhone to a Computer - wikiHow

In the 4th way on that wiki, where you choose to "import pictuers to", you would navigate to your external hard drive (that you also have connected via USB ) as the place to download to.

Just like you would copy and paste files anywhere in Windows.

Is that what you needed to know?

HP Recommended
Thanks Photoray002, the 4th way worked.
HP Recommended

Your welcome and good to know it worked. :generic:

HP Recommended

Want to Transfer photos from IPhone to external hard drive using Windows 8? Please don't worry,you can do that with iOS file manager tool. It can help directly transfer photos from iPhone to any hard drive via computer. 

HP Recommended

No matter what data that you want to transfer from iPhone , there is a Mobile transfer apps could help, it could transfer transfer data from iPhone to computer in few steps.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.