Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
hp compaq dc5800 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)
Hello i have an HP Compaq dc5800 SFF desktop pc. I need driver for Trusted Platform Module 1.2, My hardware id is: ACPI\IFX0102 *IFX0102
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Go to the device manager and click on the TPM device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp40553.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If it doesn't, I suggest you install the the latest Intel chipset driver for your PC and if you haven't updated to W7 SP1, do so, because as I stated, there is no need to install that driver on W7 or Vista.

Here is the latest Intel chipset driver for your pc...download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20018/INF-Update-Utility-Primarily-for-Intel-6-5-4-3-900-S...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

Windows Vista and Windows 7 should be installing a driver for that device.

You only need to install the driver if you are running windows XP.

So...if that device is not being installed by W7 automatically, try the XP driver...

This package provides the device driver for the Infineon Trusted Platform
Module (TPM 1.2) in the supported desktop models running a supported Microsoft
Windows XP Operating System.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp40501-41000/sp40553.exe

Try manually installing the driver if the auto install doesn't work.

HP Recommended
Not working for me....
HP Recommended

Go to the device manager and click on the TPM device needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp40553.

Make sure the Include Subfolders box is checked and see if the driver installs that way.

If it doesn't, I suggest you install the the latest Intel chipset driver for your PC and if you haven't updated to W7 SP1, do so, because as I stated, there is no need to install that driver on W7 or Vista.

Here is the latest Intel chipset driver for your pc...download, unzip and run the setup.exe file.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/20018/INF-Update-Utility-Primarily-for-Intel-6-5-4-3-900-S...

HP Recommended
Problem solved, thanks bro
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.